New Awlinian Area Who Dats - The Official Flood/Storm and Help Victims Thread (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
The National Media is showing some really scary pics of New Awlins areas, the levees, and other low lying areas, We are hearing that a tropical storm may park outside the Newawlins area. If this gets serious, let us Central TX Who Dats updated and we will to the best of our ability get you Who Dats places to live until the flooding resides. Also, if you Brothers and Sisters run short of critical supplies, clothes, medical supplies, food or water, let us know and we will try to get supply chain of cars and deliver to NO .

We are a family. Those us who are blessed to be more fortunate are here to help.

Last edited:
It’s funny but that’s how I heard of this site. I had a friend of mine who was on here and said there we several guys that posted on here that really knew their stuff on the weather and they posted in the EE board. I checked it out and he was right. It took me almost a year to join because of health issues I was dealing with. But I’m glad to be here now.

I'm not worried. I can swim.

You TOTALLY crack me up ? ??

I read the first post & it was so serious & sincere.
Then you come up with that zinger to completely lighten up the situation ??

Thanks for a great laugh before I hit the hay after those loooooong ESPY’s ??

Born n raised here in NOLA, so I’ve seen n been through a few. Most have had their own unique characteristics, but of ALL em can be dangerous. And to that extent, this one is no different.

The real anomaly here tho is not the storm per se, as it is the water level of the Mississippi River. Usually, at this time of year, it’s low. Sometimes it’s been so low that areas south of NOLA that rely on the river as their main source of fresh water have had to deal with salt water intrusion, where gulf waters creep UP the river into their fresh water purification systems.

That’s not the case right now. The river level is already very high. Combined with a high storm surge, it could go even higher. Here’s more:

Other than that, I think we’ll be fine.

Hoping for the best!

And u stay dry, Marsha! ?

I just saw a vid clip of Dauphine St. It was multiple feet under water. For those that live in NO, is this flooding happening all over or just a few areas? And in those areas where there has been flooding, are the waters receding? Thx all and God bless!

Last edited:
I just saw a vid clip of Dauphine St. It was multiple feet under water. For those that love in NO, is this flooding happening all over or just a few areas? And in those areas where there has been flooding, are the waters receding? Thx all and God bless!
That must have been from yesterday.

It's blue skies and sunshine today.

That must have been from yesterday.

It's blue skies and sunshine today.

Thanks Brother! When I saw that video of Dauphine street then went to Weather.com and saw the tropical storm sitting out in the gulf, it did not look like the best of scenarios.

Yesterday, we had 8 inches of rain in a four-period. These outdated pumps simply cannot handle that much water.

Hopefully TS Barry won't' create as much storm surge in New Orleans, but may be an issue for low-lying areas outside the levee protection system. Some lower line parishes have already called for evacuations. Expected to make landfall in Louisiana at midday Saturday as a small Cat 1.

Somebody's going to get a lot of rain. 20+" of rain forecast for the strip just east of landfall going north. If the current track proves... it's going to be the worst area possible. River is supposed to crest at 19' now which is great news honestly since yesterday the forecast was 20'. Anything over 20' tops certain levees.

Somebody's going to get a lot of rain. 20+" of rain forecast for the strip just east of landfall going north. If the current track proves... it's going to be the worst area possible. River is supposed to crest at 19' now which is great news honestly since yesterday the forecast was 20'. Anything over 20' tops certain levees.
The NOLA article says that some levees on the east and west bank are only 18' high, so if the river crests even at 19', tons of water will pour over the levees and cause huge flooding. Hopefully the pumps nor the levees don't fail so that the water can be removed quickly, but I can envision most houses getting flooded. I wonder if sandbags could hold back the water if placed along the 18' sections?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom