New Awlinian Area Who Dats - The Official Flood/Storm and Help Victims Thread (1 Viewer)

Put an axe or hatchet in your attic tonight or first thing tomorrow and leave it there. We in MS are getting ready, too. Right now I'm worried I don't have enough water inside while worrying we might get too much water outside. Preppers have the right idea - do it once and forget about it!

I'm not worried. I can swim.
I myself don’t swim so well so I got me some of them little floaties you put on your arms! Now I just gotta hope the gators don’t pop them!

Swimmer can you get coach Pete to bring me some more propane for my grill though? Running a little low!

Lol.

Thanks guys

Any Whodats who need to evacuate and need a place to stay please message me, got a couple of spare bedrooms here in Raymond Mississippi if needed

I myself don’t swim so well so I got me some of them little floaties you put on your arms! Now I just gotta hope the gators don’t pop them!

Swimmer can you get coach Pete to bring me some more propane for my grill though? Running a little low!

Lol.

Thanks guys

Coach Pete said, "We Mexicans can't swim unless it's to immigrate across the Rio Grande and then we take tubes with ice chests of cold beer," lol

St4ever - how bad is it right now for you?"

Mods- Dan in L, Andrus - Can we keep this thread going as a means of communication for those who need help from the storm? Thanks all.

I have rooms also. It's 7 hour drive, but I have 2 xtra bedrooms, a massive sofa and a blow up matress. No NO NO - not a blow-up doll anymore lol

For everyone living in southern Louisiana knows that the local waters have been very high, given all the rains last month up north that are now moving slowly down to the gulf. That’s not a good place or situation to be in with Barry coming ashore tomorrow morning.

1. Low lying areas are already flooded.
2. The extreme low pressure of the T/S will put a lot of moisture in the atmosphere to feed the monster.
3. Barry is going to “push” a storm surge up the Mississippi and all bayou-river outlets to the gulf.
4. The rain fall is expected to be major.
5. Lastly, this is a very slow moving storm which means it’s going to linger and linger, dumping more rain.

Most everyone I know is sheltering in place, including myself. BUT... if evacuation becomes a serious consideration I want to folks to keep this in mind.... the local tides.

C5E4F4D6-1848-4B3D-847E-6771530E5D54.jpeg

If you are going to bug out and hit the road, DON’T do it during HIGH TIDE. At high tide all this water is going to be stopped and probably even reversed in flooding direction. High tides for tomorrow in south LA will be around 3:20 am and again at 11:40 am. Yep, Twice the fun.

If (....and that’s a big IF) you have to go and travel flooded roads try for 8:50 in the morning, which is the first low tide. The second low tide is not until 7:50 pm in the evening and that may be too late. The low tide will draw some of the flooding waters out just like the high tides are going to hamper and compound movement.

Good luck to everyone.

Hey Who Dats living around the storm, are there strong hurricane class winds where there's fear of massive trees and powerlines being knocked down or is this primarily a major flood event? Thx and God Bless All!

Hey Who Dats living around the storm, are there strong hurricane class winds where there's fear of massive trees and powerlines being knocked down or is this primarily a major flood event? Thx and God Bless All!
Gotta ask Andrus and Dan and other folks near Lafayette. New Orleans and the nearest suburbs aren’t going to be affected much.

Coach Pete said, "We Mexicans can't swim unless it's to immigrate across the Rio Grande and then we take tubes with ice chests of cold beer," lol

St4ever - how bad is it right now for you?"

Mods- Dan in L, Andrus - Can we keep this thread going as a means of communication for those who need help from the storm? Thanks all.
Hey Swimmer, sorry but spent much of yesterday getting prepared for storm here and at my golf course. This morning it’s not too bad yet. We’ve only had 1.25” rain but lots of wind. Mainly small branches down so far. I’m pretty much ready for anything now!

And thanks for the concerns!

Hey Swimmer, sorry but spent much of yesterday getting prepared for storm here and at my golf course. This morning it’s not too bad yet. We’ve only had 1.25” rain but lots of wind. Mainly small branches down so far. I’m pretty much ready for anything now!

And thanks for the concerns!

Whassup 4ever! Thanks for the update. It doesn't sound like a golf day. It sounds like the roughest part is yet to happen. Fingers crossed and prayers. Take care!

Hey South Louisiana Who Dats - How you folks doing this morning.??? The weather reports seem a little better. God bless you all!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom