New Boat help (1 Viewer)

nick

Conehead
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a new 22 ft bay boat. I narrow my choices to a couple and would like any input on these boats.

these are my top 3
2200 tournamnet nautic star
2200 sea fox
2200 blue wave pure bay

others in consideration but would need some convincing
2200 zxt skeeter
22 fisherman blazer bay

Have you thought about adding a sewing machine to your new boat??

Only advice I have is whatever boat you get, max out the outboard...If the boat is rated for a 250, make sure a 250 is on it...Anything less is going to burn gas like crazy.

Take me fishing in all three and I will give you my opinion.

Personally, I like the looks of the blue wave

i have a blue wave and love it. They are great boats at a good price.

Only advice I have is whatever boat you get, max out the outboard...If the boat is rated for a 250, make sure a 250 is on it...Anything less is going to burn gas like crazy.

This^^^

I vote for the Nautic Star (I have the 2110). Max out the HP like everybody else said. A lot of dealers will under power the boat to make the price attractive.

Speaking as a fellow boat owner, cut a hole right in the center of the boat. This will give you a good place to pour your money in to. They can be a money pit.

BOAT= A hole in the water in which one pours money.
ALSO
The two happiest days in a mans life are when he buys the boat and then when he sells it.

I vote Blazer Bay. Solid hull and rides high and dry.

BOAT= A hole in the water in which one pours money.
ALSO
The two happiest days in a mans life are when he buys the boat and then when he sells it.

I vote Blazer Bay. Solid hull and rides high and dry.

I like the BB, but I loved the Hell's Bay Neptune I sold last fall. It was pretty fabulous for shallow water fishing, but it didn't get used enough so I got a 17 Whaler Outrage to kick around in which is a far friendlier run around with a little kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom