New cellphones (1 Viewer)

I'd go Blackberry Pearl, I love mine.

I'll second that. I just changed from a Treo to a Pearl. It took a few days but I really like it now. The treo was just to big.

I am really liking what I am reading about the Tilt but I was wondering what this meant? "Tethers to your laptop as a high-speed modem"

How exactly does the tethering work? Does it run off of your data package? How is the speed? If I can get wireless internet to my laptop that would be great but the only way I can see doing this is by paying an extra 60-65 dollars a month.

I would wait for the second generation of iPhones to come out before signing any contract. The HTC phones are very nice feature-wise, but bulky. The Blackberry Pearl has turned out to be a pretty nice phone as has the Blackjack, but you might want a bigger screen.

Is thenew 16GB model considered second generation or is it just the same thing with more capacity?

when you tether you use your data plan - I'm not sure about your carrier - but I use Alltel and the speed will depend on the type of data coverage area I am in - EVDO versus slower speeds.

If you want an true touch interface, ability to surf the internet and in general have a very good user experience, get an iphone. Everything else is behind.

The points made regarding hacking or adding additional programs to your phone are good ones, however.

The iphone has a customer satisfaction rating of over 70 percent. At least borrow someone's or use one in a store before buying.

When you connect to the internet with the tilt via wifi does it use that internet connection or does it still come off of your data package? I am going to get a phone through AT&T and the tilt supports the 3G network in my area.

the wi fi is just that, you use whatever internet is on the wifi connection. instead of your data plan.
i started off trying mine out that way, but found when i really needed it, well wasn't in a spot that had a wi fi. like gps if you get into that you'll need the data plan.
the tethering is being able to use the phone for connection for laptop.. doing that is a rather expensive option. tethering adds a chunk, dsl is cheaper and faster.
plus with dsl at home, you can use a slingbox and watch tv anywhere.

and the complaints about the touch with the stylis, Remember, the 8125, 8525, tilt are VERY customizable.. MANY skins, themes and alternate dialers, contacts, tasks apps out there.
opera i like better than pocket ie, but not paying for it, tried minimo last night, and it's got some promise like some features better than the others but probs that i' wont' deal with.. i'll look into again with another release.
sometimes i'm annoyed by the screen going off in a call because have use a prompts, but leave like that because its just means pressing the button on the side to come back on, and it does it so you don't start face dialing when trying to talk on the phone.
straight out the box, the iphone is probably more attractive. but if you like to do extra , the tilt is the way to go.
the tmobile wing, sprint touch, or similar. all HTC made.
you might want to look at htc-wiki.com while checking those above links.
i've seen complaints about the camera on it, but i've taken better shots with it, than my older 3mp digital camera, and that's what it is, a 3mp camera.

the buttons on the blackjack are too small for my fingers. the rollerball is nice though.

XV6800 from Verizon. Best phone I've ever had. Does it all on Windows and is a great upgrade from the prev model.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom