New College Football Game (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses NCAA Football, but since EA doesn't seem like they're ever going to get out from under the lawsuit I don't think we'll be getting one any time soon from them.

But......while I was looking for an update on this situation, I came across this information:

Home

It looks like these guys are trying to build a game from the ground up that would at least get us some semblance of college football on current consoles. I'm all for that and figured I could help spread the word.

I just set up my PS3 and started playing NCAA 14 again.

wasn't the issue with the licensing??

seems like if they were going to have that figured out, it would have been done by now

Also Playing NCAA 14 for the 360. (and Gamestop knows whats up, I recently bought one for a friend and it was 44.99 still!, but that was much better that the 99 dollars they want on Amazon)

wasn't the issue with the licensing??

seems like if they were going to have that figured out, it would have been done by now

The problem was using the player likenesses along with the fact that you could change their names to the real names without paying the players for using their images in the game. Basically, the NCAA and the scholls making money off this and the players were getting nothing. So two players sued EA and won a $60 million class action suit. The result is that EA will not bring the game back because they can't use the likenesses without paying the players and the NCAA won't allow them to pay the players without the players losing their eligibility.

Basically this is the NCAA being *******s.

It wouldn’t matter to me if it’s a FAKE COLLEGE GAME...Louisiana State Swamp Gators or whatever. I wanna have depth and good physics unlike Madden 18. I even liked the game Backbreaker just because of the Physics and engine. I believe I read Antfarm Studio’s or something like that has agreed to build it. I still play NCAA 14 to this day....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom