New Computer Problem? (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
I just got a new computer from Dell.

I have Norton Internet Security 2008 3 Users. 2 more uses left.

It already has a 1 month subscription to Trend Micro.

Should I get the Vista all updated first before I put my Norton 2008. Or should I just go ahead and put Norton 2008 on first before I update?

Its been 7 years since getting a new computer from a Corporation.

So, I am just wondering how you go about things now a days.

Thanks

Paul :9:

Remove the trendmicro I assume its a 30 day trial anyway. Then go ahead and install the Norton. Update the living heck out of both vista and Norton.

Not sure how much time you have left on the Norton, but I'd just advise against Norton period.

There are other, more efficient virus blockers that are more frequently updated, less of a headache to update, more seamless, less of a system hog, etc...

If you have an entire year on Norton, go ahead and use and get rid of the Trend Micro trial - it's only put on there as a 30day advert.

Search the tech board for Norton. I'm not the only one around here that thinks it's one of the biggest fraud piece of garbage to be sold to home users (it works but it eats resources and messes with other programs). Plus you can get alternatives that do the same things better for free.

I still have 11 months left.

I know their are better and when I bought Norton I did not have time to go over the reviews for any of the rest.

I know AVG is pretty good.

Thanks

Paul

I still have 11 months left.

I know their are better and when I bought Norton I did not have time to go over the reviews for any of the rest.

I know AVG is pretty good.

Thanks

Paul

I figured you still had time on it, thats why I didnt advise to not install it.

Just dont run the both of them on your PC at the same time.

So Can I have the Trend Micro and Norton on at the same time?

Or do I need to get rid of Trend Micro then install Norton?

I have not setup the computer yet I just got it yesterday through Fed Ex.

I hope Vista is not a waste???!!!!

Paul

You don't want two anti-virus products on at the same time - they will conflict and freeze up your system. If you have to pick one of those, go with trend micro. If I were you I would install one of the free ones and pretend that I spent the Norton money on one of those.

Vista is OK. I've had the occasional driver problem (mostly with printers), but it works for me pretty well.

So Can I have the Trend Micro and Norton on at the same time?

Or do I need to get rid of Trend Micro then install Norton?

I have not setup the computer yet I just got it yesterday through Fed Ex.

I hope Vista is not a waste???!!!!

Paul

As I said above, You dont want both on the same machine at the same time. In fact, make sure you dont have any other stuff that does the same thing. I cant tell you how many times I see a customers PC with AOL antivirus, and anti spyware, Macafee, and Norton all running at the same time. Most ive seen is 5 separate applications.

Remove trendmicro, and any other anti virus related software, then install Norton.

just remember, when Norton is up, get AVG or grisoft. :ezbill:

OK, Everything is working pretty good. I uninstalled Trend Micro and installed Norton 2008. Man, what a difference in changing computers!!!!

I went from a P3 1.0 Ghz 512 Mb ram computer to a Core 2 Dual Core E6550 with 2 Gig of Ram computer.

Thanks for the help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom