New ESPN cross-era analysis has Brees as #3 QB of all time (1 Viewer)

#TRUTH! Good find by the OP. :9:

What gets me is that some (...not many, but some) here fail to see and appreciate just how fortunate/blessed we are to witness one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Here's to getting our defensive house straightened out, and 2017 our juggernaut season (under Drew's leadership) where we dominate all the way to capturing Super Bowl LII. :beerchug:

:gosaints:

wnod.gif

Are they trying to pump up the pro bowl or something? This is very out of character for espn...

One thing I've noticed about most of the great QB's. They always seem to have a really big spike just before they hit the wall at the end of their career. Manning, Favre and Elway all come to mind. It's like that moment when they finally have the game mastered just before their bodies give out. We haven't seen that yet from Brees and when we do it's going to be special.

I think the most impressive thing about Brees in this context is how he has been consistently getting better throughout his career.

The others have pretty consistent lines with occasional big spikes, Brees has been on a growth trend line in his numbers, which is absurd all things considered.

Are they trying to pump up the pro bowl or something? This is very out of character for espn...

Well if you look at the article it just says he's ranked #3 in adjusted TD's all time. It's not like they are saying he's the 3rd greatest QB of all time unless I'm reading something incorrectly.

One thing I've noticed about most of the great QB's. They always seem to have a really big spike just before they hit the wall at the end of their career. Manning, Favre and Elway all come to mind. It's like that moment when they finally have the game mastered just before their bodies give out. We haven't seen that yet from Brees and when we do it's going to be special.

The other thing about Favre and Manning is that they were on declining teams and then moved to some very stacked teams.
That Vikes team won the NFC North the year before Favre with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom