New Fan (1 Viewer)

I couldn't help but read your thread in Sean Connery's voice. Welcome aboard MacCleod !

Hi all,

New to the board as up until last week I had not much interest in NFL.

I'm from Scotland currently on vacation touring the states for my honeymoon and New Orleans was one of my stops . Being renowned for its party atmosphere it was somewhere I was really looking forward to and looked at various other things that was happening in town and seen the Saints were playing the Raiders (Raiders are big in the UK) so I booked myself some tickets and read up on the rules!

OMG, what an atmosphere and energy in the stadium. You guys really get behind your team and it was contagious. I couldn't help but get caught up in it and I'm really looking forward to watching Sundays game now when I'm in Vegas.

I've been reading up on the recent history from the super bowl win and on wards.

Hoping Brees has another great game on Sunday and the defence turn up!

Thanks for making it a great day :)

Man I love hearing stories like this! Welcome friend and a big WhoDat to you!

Welcome, fellow WhoDat!

Hope you enjoy the boards and the season! If nothing else, our quarterback will put on quite a show.. Always wanted to visit Scotland. Such a gorgeous place and so much history. One day and with enough money saved in the ol piggy bank I will! :beerchug:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yeah its been a great trip so far but the Saints game was the highlight.

It'a so cool how the whole place gets behind the team.

That last kick at the end, man if he converts that then the place goes crazy. Never mind, out of the 2 sides Saints where the only one for me.

Man those Raiders are bad winners! Plus the annoying Raaaaaaidersss... I never want to hear that again! Haha.

Looking forward to getting my Jersey ordered when I get back home, shame the games are on at 1.30am a lot of the time, tivo them and avoid the result.

With it being an out of conference game and a very disappointing preseason there were a lot more opposing fans than normal at the game. It can get quite a bit crazier in the dome than what you witnessed. A couple times a year you can get the real deal experience. I hope for you that one day you can be there for one of those games.

Even though it wasn't one of "those" games, they are still a ton of fun. Great story, thanks for sharing it and welcome!

Yeah , I would really like to come back next year. So if I do it will be planned around a game :)

Welcome aboard buddy, you'll be hooked for life now :9:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yeah its been a great trip so far but the Saints game was the highlight.

It'a so cool how the whole place gets behind the team.

That last kick at the end, man if he converts that then the place goes crazy. Never mind, out of the 2 sides Saints where the only one for me.

Man those Raiders are bad winners! Plus the annoying Raaaaaaidersss... I never want to hear that again! Haha.

Looking forward to getting my Jersey ordered when I get back home, shame the games are on at 1.30am a lot of the time, tivo them and avoid the result.

I'm from the UK too and most of the games are on at 6PM UK time (for example Saints v Raiders and versus the Giants our next opposition) it's only the night games in America which are of course on slightly later, usually 9PM followed by another game at 1:30AM. Then you have the Monday night (usually 1am onwards) and Thursday night games (1:30). Sky Sports have increased their Coverage of NFL drastically which is the good thing.

So in total you only have about 4 of the 16 games on at 1am or later :9:

A member by the name of James K P streams Saints games but if you're watching on TV via Sky Sports and the match they are showing isn't the Saints then press the red button and select NFL redzone for Coverage of all the games with no commercials. Just a little tip if you can't stream the game somehow.

Welcome, fellow WhoDat!

Hope you enjoy the boards and the season! If nothing else, our quarterback will put on quite a show.. Always wanted to visit Scotland. Such a gorgeous place and so much history. One day and with enough money saved in the ol piggy bank I will! :beerchug:

I hope so, ahhh I'm not the type to support a team that wins all the time anyway. Need the lows to appreciate the highs. Remind me of my Soccer team back home.

If you visit Scotland head to the Capital and pay a visit to my soccer team Heart of Midlothian :)

Welcome aboard! Glad you had a great experience for your first time in the city and at the game!

Yeah , I would really like to come back next year. So if I do it will be planned around a game :)

And absolutely! I agree with what bclemms said, since it was an out of conference opponent and we did have a poor preseason showing, although it was well, it wasn't quite up to par with what you can experience on an A+ gameday.

You want the bonafide real deal? Our schedule will be announced about mid-April and try to plan and book your trip for the home game against the Falcons next year. Tickets will likely be a little bit more than you just paid for this Raiders game, but it's for a great reason and well worth every U.S. dollar! It's the home game every Saints fan doesn't want to miss every year. We hate that team and really bring the noise when they're on offense.

It's a shame you couldn't make this year's game against the Falcons on the 26th; it'll be a night game and extra rowdier due to it being the 10th anniversary of the Steve Gleason punt block. It'll also be rowdier due to tailgating fans pounding alcohol into them all afternoon before the game starts. :hihi:

Welcome aboard buddy, you'll be hooked for life now :9:

I'm from the UK too and most of the games are on at 6PM UK time (for example Saints v Raiders and versus the Giants our next opposition) it's only the night games in America which are of course on slightly later, usually 9PM followed by another game at 1:30AM. Then you have the Monday night (usually 1am onwards) and Thursday night games (1:30). Sky Sports have increased their Coverage of NFL drastically which is the good thing.

So in total you only have about 4 of the 16 games on at 1am or later :9:

A member by the name of James K P streams Saints games but if you're watching on TV via Sky Sports and the match they are showing isn't the Saints then press the red button and select NFL redzone for Coverage of all the games with no commercials. Just a little tip if you can't stream the game somehow.

Great, thanks for the heads up. Yeah it will be vis Sky Sports, pretty much means sport ALL day now :)

Wife will love it...

Welcome aboard mate.

Get used to setting your alarm and not having much sleep once per week! Unfortunately being from Australia, the west coast is closer to me. I'm constantly searching for flights to games on that side of the US in order to see the Saints live.

Love Scotland... I've been to Aberdeen and Glasgow many times... Caught a few rugby and a soccer matches (all friendlies) while I was there.... Those are spectacles in their own right..

As others have said, the "rowdiness" that you experienced last week was probably a 6 out of 10... do try to come back for an Atlanta Falcon game to move that needle up to an 8 (9's and 10's reserved for playoff games). Also let this board know when you are coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom