New Fossils Further Confirm Darwin's Theory of Evolution (1 Viewer)

Because it cannot technically be proven. Same reason why is the cell theory, germ theory, etc.

I've always said to my less than scientific savvy friends that try and conflate scientific theory with casual talk theorys( I have a theory the saints will go undefeated) that we can do an experiment. I will hand them the live end of some highly charged electrical wire and we can see how confident they are that the "theory of electromagnetism" is akin to that of an unverifiable hypothesis. I tell him to be safe I'll let him grab the high voltage wire ten times to see if it won't shock him on a couple of the attempts. At which point, if it doesn't shock him on all attempts, I'd be willing to concede his point.

For some reason they never take me up on my challenge and tend to drop that argument.

Evolution is pure b/s. We were created.If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Yeah, plenty of Americans are dumb.

This is such a textbook creationist post, quoting for posterity!

But hey, I know guy. My girlfriend uses math to study evolutionary biology. What a waste of time. Plus it means she's going to hell! Poor girl.

If she were smart she wouldve gone into Intelligent Design Biology, or Creationist Biology. Both hotbeds of truth and discovery. How did Noah get all those animals on that ark anyway. Now thats a real science question!

I had fun trying to explain to a friend of mine that unverifiable in scientific terms dose not mean improbable or unlikely... and that a scientist who was being absolutely technical could not even prove with 100% certainty that you exist when he/she was standing right in front of you, it is extremely probably that you do in fact exist but there is no way in the scientific method to actually prove something immutably true. So when someone says Theory think of your own existence as being a theory. Unfortunately the guy liked his drugs and apparently he had a bit of a fit later in the day contemplating that idea.

And here I thought this matter was settled years ago by that singing sensation Bigmouth Billy Bass.

I agree. I think were we go wrong is that we are trying to be politically correct too much. Religion out of school, which it should be out of school, is being fought to be kept in. More science and more common sense teaching is needed. Unfortunately, I think teachers today are not much smarter than the students.

Science teachers are epically hard to find because if you get a good physical or life science degree you can make a heck of a lot more money doing something else than you can teaching. This is a problem if you want good teachers because humans are inherently wired to want to improve their standing and the security of their family realities to the other members in their community, money just happens to be a great way to put your offspring ahead of your neighbors offspring in the pursuit of preserving your genetic legacy.

haha

honestly I could give you a poll on Americas belief in evolution but if you don't want your weekend ruined by realizing the extensive ignorance of our country On evolution and the failure of our science education system in this country, I will refrain from posting it.

Oh, Im well aware of the level of ignorance that exists, trust me.

Its all good though, I just had to raz ya some. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom