New game: Guess whose fault it is (1 Viewer)

Why would you assume "steak" means "steak salad" when you're going to a burrito place?
Okay, my third hot take is that they were both at fault. Steak at a burrito place?

There are steak burritos, just like there are steak tacoes and fajitas.
But it seems we're talking about a steak. Or maybe a steak salad. It's unclear. Not a steak taco or a fajita with steak where I understand it's a certain cut of beef that has been marinated and cut into strips. I would never order a "steak" as such in a Mexican place. Hence, why just an order of "steak" or "steak salad" was a two-sided error in this case.

Last edited:
Well, if I'm at a Tex Mex restaurant and the wife sends me a text for "steak", I get the steak fajitas because 1) I married a woman who eats steak and 2) I married a woman who doesn't have time for salads.

Response option #1: "You're a strong woman with a multiplicity of likes, tastes, and desires. I would never want to assume, or worse yet, tell you what you'll be eating. It's your body and your choice what goes into it. I do apologize if there was any misunderstanding. I will do better next time. Would you like me to go back and correct my mistake?" NOTE: This has to be said with as much sincerity as possible.

Response option #2
: [Laugh in her face] and say, "next time, you're either not getting **** or you're getting your own food. Now calm it down, Karen!"

I'd go with #2. But I'm stubborn and I like to argue.

“Calm down Karen” - I’m totally gonna use that one day. It’s a bold strategy and I don’t have a death wish so I will choose application wisely (and probably still die).

The thing is, she’s right that I know she never eats beef unless it’s a rare occasion where it’s served to us (and she’s being polite) or we’re at a nice steak house for some special occasion dinner.

But when I’m ordering at the drive-through, I’m in auto-pilot. If the text says steak, that’s what I’m ordering.

So she was right. I'd still argue.

Basically correct. Though that’s something a girlfriend would say - a wife says “you know I’d never order steak.”

i was going to go with “When’s the last time you’ve seen me eat steak?”

The thing is, she’s right that I know she never eats beef unless it’s a rare occasion where it’s served to us (and she’s being polite) or we’re at a nice steak house for some special occasion dinner.
So you just wanted to be assuaged by all the men here that despite the fact that you DO know your wife that YOUR mistake was HER mistake?

But when I’m ordering at the drive-through, I’m in auto-pilot. If the text says steak, that’s what I’m ordering.
So when DO you use your brain?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom