New Hampshire Primary prediction thread (1 Viewer)

d3cyph3r

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been humbled... a little bit

1. McCain
2. Romney
3. Paul
4. Rudy

On the Democrat side

1. Obama
2. Hillary
3. Edwards

D:

Obama
Hillary
Edwards
Richardson
Kucinich

R:

McCain
Romney
Huckabee
Paul
Giuliani
Thompson

That's no fun, I expect the same results. Top three D and R are unchanged from what I thought after IA.

The Dem order is set in stone and Obama will probably win by double digits. McCain wins unless Obama pulls enough independent voters to make Republican support matter. Spots 3-5 are less clear, but I think the IA win and evangelicals give Huckabee an edge.

Somebody could agree with me to make it more fun :D

obama hillary edwards

mccain romney .. the rest don't matter in this state

The interesting question is who, if anyone, drops out.

I think Edwards drops out, or at least should.
Really all the Democrats should drop out because its over. But Hillary still has some money and will probably at least try to win one before Super Tuesday.

Romney should drop out as well if he cannot win. I think there is a chance h will if he loses by a lot - say 8 points+. Thompson is probably going to wait and see how de does in South Carolina. But I wouldn;t be surprised if he got out. Does he even care?
If McCain loses I think he gets out.

Romney should drop out as well if he cannot win. I think there is a chance h will if he loses by a lot - say 8 points+. Thompson is probably going to wait and see how de does in South Carolina. But I wouldn;t be surprised if he got out. Does he even care?

Drum roll please, and the winner of the presidential nomination is .... Ron Paul =) with so many dropouts it should be an easy victory!

All the super conservative media outlets will bury Huckabee for being a liberal "conserative", and there is just too much dirt on Rudy that he'll have to bow out!

Drum roll please, and the winner of the presidential nomination is .... Ron Paul =) with so many dropouts it should be an easy victory!

All the super conservative media outlets will bury Huckabee for being a liberal "conserative", and there is just too much dirt on Rudy that he'll have to bow out!

Well, if nothing else, you're optimistic.

The interesting question is who, if anyone, drops out.

Really all the Democrats should drop out because its over. But Hillary still has some money and will probably at least try to win one before Super Tuesday.

Well, even if Romney loses by 8 points in New Hampshire, he will still be the leader in delegatesk. I really doubt he'd drop out before Florida. Fred Thompson and Ron Paul are the only Republicans who seem to understand the idea of limited federal government. Paul is more radical that Thompson on this, though. I support Thompson, I'd wouldn't be upset with Paul.

Romney has good sounding answers, but seems a little inauthentic.
Guiliani ... is he even going to show up in this race?.. He is a liberal.
Huckabee is a Christian conservative, but scary with his big government nanny state tendencies.
McCain is really not a guy with the temperement to be President, ... Senator Amnesty.
Thompson is the traditional conservative who really represents every aspect of conservatism.
Ron Paul is a libertarian conservative who really looks to shake up the system.

Romney has good sounding answers, but seems a little inauthentic.

I think you're letting him off too easy. "Soulless shell" is more like it :)

In all seriousness, though, he scares me more than any other candidate, regardless of party.

Edwards will ride out NH, and see how the Super Tuesday polling looks. Because if Hillary loses by 10+ in NH, she'll campaign hard in the 22 Super Tuesday states...and after a few weeks of that, if she sees that a majority of states on Super Tuesday are going for Obama in early polls, she may just drop out in late January because she is going broke. Which means Edwards would then be in a 2 horse race (that he will lose, but he will still stay in).

Obama almost has this wrapped up, barring a freak Howard Dean incident (or a crazy white-supremacist with a rifle). And the whole crying thing could be Hillary's Dean incident, if Fox News plays it enough (like they did with the Dean Scream).

If Fox was smart, they wont play up Hillary's crying, because Hillary actually provides a better chance for a Republican to win. I think it would be another 50.1/49.9 election again. Whereas I think Obama gets at least 60% of the vote, regardless of the Republican.

If Fox was smart, they wont play up Hillary's crying, because Hillary actually provides a better chance for a Republican to win. I think it would be another 50.1/49.9 election again. Whereas I think Obama gets at least 60% of the vote, regardless of the Republican.

This is just freaky to think about. Who would have thunk it 5 years ago?

Man, Obama is going to be a bad president..... Well, at least he is helping to get rid of the establisment people.

Man, Obama is going to be a bad president.....

I can't think of a single candidate that I wouldn't feel the same about.

Or, I suppose to put it more accurately, I can't think of a single candidate I'd feel confident in saying "He/She would be a good president"

Am I just overly cynical?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom