New Hampshire Primary prediction thread (1 Viewer)

HItlery is beating Obama. Only 10% reporting so far so a lot can change but if she pulls the upset in Nh then the campaign trail will be renamed the trail of tears because we are going to see a lot of sobbig politicians.

HItlery is beating Obama. Only 10% reporting so far so a lot can change but if she pulls the upset in Nh then the campaign trail will be renamed the trail of tears because we are going to see a lot of sobbig politicians.

I think you'll see a lot of people crying in general. :hihi:

Obama was in third at the same point in IA so there's lots of room for movement. Clinton will claim victory if she finishes within single digits.

41% of the Republicans against the war voted for McCain in Nh.

Is that irony?

Fox News is predicting third place for Huckabee. Their commentators are indicating the implication is that means bad news for Ron Paul and also shows Huckabee has strength with the non-Evangelicals.

The Republican race likely to get very interesting as the primaries move South. Guiliani is likely to cut into McCain and Romney's voting base while Huckabee is likely to garner more strength from Religious conservatives.

Clinton is currently leading Obama but there's only 16% of precincts reporting so it's too early to call (exit polls have Obama leading)--Edwards is a distant 3rd. A win by Clinton makes this very interesting and solidifies a 2 horse race. Looks like Edwards won't have the legs to hang around that much longer.

Although I am not crazy about any of the Republican candidates, Huckabee is the person who scares me the most. He is nothing more than another George Bush.

Although I am not crazy about any of the Republican candidates, Huckabee is the person who scares me the most. He is nothing more than another George Bush.

Except he's a whole lot more likeable than Dubya, IMO... Whenever I hear him speak, it makes me almost want to vote for him-- until I remember how conservative he is. FWIW, I think his charisma could carry him a long way.

Except he's a whole lot more likeable than Dubya, IMO... Whenever I hear him speak, it makes me almost want to vote for him-- until I remember how conservative he is. FWIW, I think his charisma could carry him a long way.
He's not as conservative as you think he is except on the social issues. The Republicans or possibly the country will be in trouble if he is the nominee or president.

I hope you aren't basing your vote on how well the candidate speaks. While it is important to have a good communicator as president, there are many other qualities that are much more important. It seems that too many people will go with the better speaker when choosing their candidate like with Obama. What specific proposals or ideas does Obama have that make him such a good candidate? I'm not saying that Clinton or Edwards are better candidates, but I wonder why their is such fascination with Obama other than his great speeches or soundbites.

What specific proposals or ideas does Obama have that make him such a good candidate?

Do you really care? I don't mind typing them out but if it's one of those cases like it usually is on the EE where someone invesst a ton of time and the next day someone presents the same question or point as if it never happened I'd prefer not to waste my time typing it.

Yes, I've become very cynical about expending time on the EE because it's become quite fruitless. :rant:

AP calls it for Clinton.

I'm genuinely shocked it went down that way. I didn't except the Obama blow out some did but I did expect a win.

Bah, my dislike for the Clinton \ Bush dynasty is showing.

I hope you aren't basing your vote on how well the candidate speaks.

No need to hope-- I tend to dig just a smidge deeper than that. It was just an observation on something I've noticed, which I think could win him a lot of votes... However- I do think it is important that the POTUS be an exceptional communicator, like B. Clinton or Reagan, in order to rally the country around what they are trying to accomplish. At this, I believe Dubya fails miserably.

I'm genuinely shocked it went down that way. I didn't except the Obama blow out some did but I did expect a win.

Bah, my dislike for the Clinton \ Bush dynasty is showing.

Obama showed his inexperience compared to the Clintons. That was striclty a "get-out-the-vote" win. The Clintons had the machinary in place to manufacture that victory and Obama slept on it and let them steal it.

Hopefully it's a wake up call for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom