New kitchen pantry... need help (1 Viewer)

Last time I grouted (probably 15 years ago), I wanted the grout to be a deep brown. I had to add colorant to the grout while I mixed it. Came out great though.

wtkBc.jpg

That's a handsome kitchen. One question, though. Did you use a level at all, 'cause it looks "tilted" to the right, just a bit.....

That's a handsome kitchen. One question, though. Did you use a level at all, 'cause it looks "tilted" to the right, just a bit.....

Iseewutudidthur...

LOL. To be serious though, the house is 65+ years old. I am 100% sure it is crooked.

We still need to install the kick plates, molding, baseboard, and that pesky stove vent/light doohicky. Counter tops should come in this week.

Marine grade polyeurothane on the wainscot around the stove. You can thank me later.

The wife was wanting to put those artsy metal ceiling tiles behind the stove. I agree with you though. Something will go up behind it. I wanted to put up a peice of aluminum LOL

The wife was wanting to put those artsy metal ceiling tiles behind the stove. I agree with you though. Something will go up behind it. I wanted to put up a peice of aluminum LOL
Mixing the two distinctive architectural styles has worked in the past. With what looks like 12" ceramic tile, the wainscot, and a fairly traditional white/offwhite (frigidaire?) fridge/oven combo, I'm not sure a single section of differing style would fly. Usually, there are touches of the different genres throughout. What might pull it all together is the counter top. Is it to be more of a traditional feel or more contemporary? Granite, corian, what are we talking here?

Mixing the two distinctive architectural styles has worked in the past. With what looks like 12" ceramic tile, the wainscot, and a fairly traditional white/offwhite (frigidaire?) fridge/oven combo, I'm not sure a single section of differing style would fly. Usually, there are touches of the different genres throughout. What might pull it all together is the counter top. Is it to be more of a traditional feel or more contemporary? Granite, corian, what are we talking here?

TBH, I don't know what she picked. It wasn't granite or corian because we couldn't afford it. We didn't initially plan on remodeling when we bought the house, so we're doing what we can with what money we have right now. She said tonight "I wish we had picked stainless for our appliances" LOL Oh well. They're a year old, so we aren't changing them now :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom