New kitchen pantry... need help (1 Viewer)

Cut the back corners off and then when you stand it up it should clear. Cover it up with base.
I thought of that, but disregarded it in favor of my idea. Also, I thought if he took the flooring up, he could put one corner between the joists to allow him some more clearance, but I still don't think it's gonna be enough. I might be wrong on that, but I honestly believe the best answer is taking it apart.

1. Cut the outside wall up to the ceiling.

2. Slide the cabinet in upright.

3. Install a roll-up door in the hole.

:9:

EDIT: Or a bay window. Those are always nice.

Ended up taking the sub floor out... got it up. *Thats what she said*

Now I need to get the sub floor back in.. why oh why did I take out the one in the middle :(

I am starting to wish I had paid the $2000 extra for them to come measure and install it for me LOL

Now, there's one thing that you need to consider. With four inches less head room above it than you had planned, you've got a two inch gap. Plenty of room for dust bunnies, dead flies, and the occasional wayward fork or something else that gets hurled.

I would do one of the following: Put dental mold around the top to enclose that area to make it look built in. or: Raise it up, so that the top butts up to the ceiling for the same effect, and then put trim/mop board around the bottom of it to hide the blocks.

You're welcome.

We planned on a 4" molding... but we all know how that is going.

There will be about a 1" gap after we lay the cement board.

We planned on a 4" molding... but we all know how that is going.

There will be about a 1" gap after we lay the cement board.

Ok, now you have to put flooring down with this thing in the room? :covri:

Ok, now you have to put flooring down with this thing in the room? :covri:

Here is the plan since I screwed up.

I put the pantry in. Lay down 1/2" cement board. Install cabinets. Install ceramic tile.

We were putting tile then the cabinets, but like I said, I SCROOD UP.

Here is the plan since I screwed up.

I put the pantry in. Lay down 1/2" cement board. Install cabinets. Install ceramic tile.

We were putting tile then the cabinets, but like I said, I SCROOD UP.

Next time,

Plan_First.jpg

As Eugene Levy says in "The Man", "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail", as Van Wilder says, "Write that down".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom