New Mac user, ditch firefox for safari? (1 Viewer)

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
I guess the title says it all -- now that I am a Mac user, is there any benefit to using Firefox anymore?

I've become quite used to Firefox and love it, but I could see myself loving Safari as well. Security-wise, is there an advantage to using Firefox over Safari?

I love the no script add on for firefox, but is it overkill to use it with a Mac?

Thanks.

I guess the title says it all -- now that I am a Mac user, is there any benefit to using Firefox anymore?

I've become quite used to Firefox and love it, but I could see myself loving Safari as well. Security-wise, is there an advantage to using Firefox over Safari?

I love the no script add on for firefox, but is it overkill to use it with a Mac?

Thanks.

I've always enjoyed using Safari.. glad Apple keeps working on it etc.. but I always keep Firefox on hand as well. 90% of the time, I have both running.

I think given the choice, I'd just stick with Safari, and be done with it. just find myself using firefox for different sites.

I've always enjoyed using Safari.. glad Apple keeps working on it etc.. but I always keep Firefox on hand as well. 90% of the time, I have both running.

I think given the choice, I'd just stick with Safari, and be done with it. just find myself using firefox for different sites.

Good Advice. Safari for me is the better browser, but it is always good to have Firefox around, just in case or just for something different.

yeah, i really love safari, i at first like you used firefox cause i was familiar with it. in the end safari won out though. i do keep firefox and omniweb installed, just in case.

I've been using macs at work since 2001 and I find that alot of websites work better while using firefox. I rarely use safari

I prefer Opera on my Mac (when I use it). Safari is so far behind... alot of secure websites (bills) don't work with it.

I should trade my Macbook for Saints tickets/rights :p I really don't like it much. Good specs C2D 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, Superdrive, 160GB HDD, Black.. etc. Just don't like the feel of it.

Good luck with the mac...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XqN76gYKHMs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XqN76gYKHMs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqN76gYKHMs

how much do you want for it jrd?

Paid about $1550 w/ RAM about 2 months ago this week.. I was looking for $1300 if I did sell.

I have one question, how do you clean your Mac? I, for the love of God, cannot get finger prints off the outter case. Water, Windex, etc... nothing seems to take off finger prints. It's not bad-obvious, just annoying ;)

I gotta tell ya, I've been a PC guy my whole life. I hate the Mac marketing, etc, the whole "cooler than you" vibe.

My wife wanted this imac. Since it's been in the house, I've totally warmed up to it. It's awesome, and truthfully, it's really cool. I didn't think that would matter to me, but I find myself smitten with how cool it is.

I'm still trying to right click on everything, but I'm getting used to it.

Paid about $1550 w/ RAM about 2 months ago this week.. I was looking for $1300 if I did sell.

I have one question, how do you clean your Mac? I, for the love of God, cannot get finger prints off the outter case. Water, Windex, etc... nothing seems to take off finger prints. It's not bad-obvious, just annoying ;)

Any computer cleaner will work. You can find it in any computer store. Don't use Windex on your screen or other parts of the mac. Bad idea. For that matter, don't use it on your LCD big screen TV.

Go tweak your registry, the grownups are talking.

Simmer down pal, it was just a joke. Some one always has to be an ****** on every thread. Looks like we found this threads ******.........

For the record, I've never owned a mac nor really ever used one. I am a network admistrator for a medium sized business which are all Windows clients and servers. My point is that I can't speak for mac but I thought the video was a little funny because you always hear pc bashing but not mac bashing.

Simmer down pal, it was just a joke. Some one always has to be an ****** on every thread. Looks like we found this threads ******.........

For the record, I've never owned a mac nor really ever used one. I am a network admistrator for a medium sized business which are all Windows clients and servers. My point is that I can't speak for mac but I thought the video was a little funny because you always hear pc bashing but not mac bashing.

Actually you hear mac bashing all the time. Usually from IT guys that have never used them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom