New medical report attributes significant BENEFIT to pot smoking (1 Viewer)

A friend of mine was turned down for a job recently as Sam's Club because of a failed drug test; tested positive for marijuana.

Unless the private sector is going to change its position on marijuana, then it is a dead issue

That's weird. I feel like the only way I could stand working at Sam's Club would be if I was stoned out of my mind all day.

I gotta think that after you get the munchies for some Twinkies, your diabetes will not be under control.

:omg2:

You could always eat fruit or salad when you get the munchies. I loved fresh fruit when I'd get stoned in college

No, not really.

Many employers don't drug test. And many people in society aren't working for an employer that would test them anyway (e.g. self-employed, students, retired, etc.).

The reasons why it should be legal and the reasons why continuing to fight it as criminal are compelling on their own - regardless of whether the employers who test for it will change their opinion.

One possible change that could occur in this area is that the common urine test will be replaced by a method of testing (including a saliva test) that is more refined to the period of time in which the user will test positive. And other employers may choose to drop marijuana from their drug screening altogether (except in post-accident situations).

Good points, Chuck.

Sidebar: Not that it mattered, but for the longest time, I never got a random test (in the military) because they chose you based on the last digit of your SSN. They always put digits 1 thru 9 in the hopper. Guess my last digit... :ezbill:

They finally figured it out.

Oh stop. I've never been tested for a job in my life. Neither have the majority of people in this country. Tell your friend to apply for better jobs or stop smoking pot. Ridiculous.

I've been drug tested for plenty of jobs I held during college. Even after graduation, when I started working at my currently employer, which is my career, we had to take a drug test. Even when I was moonlighting at Harrah's, they took a hair sample and I don't mean a strand. It was funny seeing the girls with weaves complaining about them messing up their hair.

Now I will say, for all the jobs I've held, once I took the initial drug test, I've never had to take it again. So i don't think the quality of a job determines whether they'll test you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom