New medical report attributes significant BENEFIT to pot smoking (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
in the mortal words of Nate Dogg:

"Heeeyyyaaayaaaa eeeeee yaa......smoke weed erry day"

And now u will be Diabetes free too! ( high...but healthy lol )

A friend of mine was turned down for a job recently as Sam's Club because of a failed drug test; tested positive for marijuana.

Unless the private sector is going to change its position on marijuana, then it is a dead issue

Im no doctor. My my uncle is 83 years old and has smoked a joint a day all his life, so he says. Still healthy, still works albeit part time (barber) and looks good for his age.

A friend of mine was turned down for a job recently as Sam's Club because of a failed drug test; tested positive for marijuana.

Unless the private sector is going to change its position on marijuana, then it is a dead issue

That's because it is currently illegal. Legalize it and companies will test for it about as much as they test for alcohol.

No, not really.

Many employers don't drug test. And many people in society aren't working for an employer that would test them anyway (e.g. self-employed, students, retired, etc.).

The reasons why it should be legal and the reasons why continuing to fight it as criminal are compelling on their own - regardless of whether the employers who test for it will change their opinion.

One possible change that could occur in this area is that the common urine test will be replaced by a method of testing (including a saliva test) that is more refined to the period of time in which the user will test positive. And other employers may choose to drop marijuana from their drug screening altogether (except in post-accident situations).

All of this new data about how beneficial marijuana is for such a wide variety of diseases and disorders has taught me one thing: I'm going to live forever.

the key is to eat a huge thick ribeye - raw or at least bloody - then smoke a joint.
you will not want any junk food.

That's because it is currently illegal. Legalize it and companies will test for it about as much as they test for alcohol.

I'd actually imagine that there'd be far less testing, since all of the tests I'm aware of test for when you're at home too. Probably the next thing would be some change to the testing equivalent to BAC to tell when you're actually still under the influence on the job.

Still, there are companies currently with "tobacco free workplace" policies, but the hitch would be to see when it's legal if companies can hire/fire based on what people do away from work if it is legal. Currently companies can't fire you for drinking til you puke at home on a Friday night.

Oh stop. I've never been tested for a job in my life. Neither have the majority of people in this country. Tell your friend to apply for better jobs or stop smoking pot. Ridiculous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom