New mock by Pat Kirwan (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As of April 2.

Mock draft 2.0: Gholston is the new No. 1

He has taking us Dominique Rogers-Cromartie this time, the bengals jumped and trade with New England to take Ellis.

He has the patriots taking Brendan Albert at 9.

Now, both Vic Ciarucci and Pat Kirwan has the saints taking the same player, with McKelvin being the first corner taken.

I fear the Bengals trade up to New England. Then we would have to offer up a player too or start giving away more picks. My hope is that they realise they have too many needs to give away picks as both their o and d lines need an overhaul and the Pats welcome us.
Also I started considering Branden Albert at ten. Would that be a good pick?
His stock has soared and he is a great LG and projects to have the tools to play tackle too. Alleman showed us nothing in preseason to warrant a starting spot and Jamar Nesbitt has a 1 year deal and we have nothing there.

Also I started considering Branden Albert at ten. Would that be a good pick?

It would be a good pick, we would have one of the best interior lines for years to come, will be the more decisive contribution to the running game, I think even then to draft Mendenhall.

Only one problem: he is offense, and we need defense dearly.

But if he is the BPA, so be it.

The only offense I will tolerate at 10 is offensive line. Nothing cute, trench players that get their hands dirty.

He has Rivers the whole way down at 29.

We could possibly target the Jets at 6 to trade with if we want Ellis. ?

The real big question mark I have is the Pack taking a QB. Why would they take a backup QB with a first round pick when you already have "your guy"?

wow he has Rivers falling to #28 to the Niners

It's possible but it has nothing to do with talent. Rivers is a top 10 talent IMO. Problem is, the only teams that could really have a need for him are the Saints, Broncos and maybe the Eagles. If those teams pass on him, it's possible that he falls further than he should. I continue to hope that if we are able to get Dorsey or Ellis, that somehow Rivers falls into the second round for us to grab (I highly doubt it would happen), but anything is possible. I think what we would likely see happen is some team would take Rivers even though they might not have a need for him if he's one of their top players on the board. So a team like Houston or San Diego could look to grab him. I wouldn't rule out Jacksonville either.

Of course, after running a 4.51 today and posting a 42'' vertical, I doubt he gets far. Broncos might be all over him if we don't take him at #10.

I've been wondering when someone was going to have Gholston go #1. He runs a little hot and cold, but his skill set is going to have him off the board quickly. Maybe Parcells will see Gholston as LT2 (and I don't mean Tomlinson).

this mock is horrible, atlanta should take jake long if available over dorsey and why would the jets take a corner when they just drafted revis last year and the last thing why would we take drc? he is the perfect example of a workout warrior and be horrible in the nfl.

It's possible but it has nothing to do with talent. Rivers is a top 10 talent IMO. Problem is, the only teams that could really have a need for him are the Saints, Broncos and maybe the Eagles. If those teams pass on him, it's possible that he falls further than he should. I continue to hope that if we are able to get Dorsey or Ellis, that somehow Rivers falls into the second round for us to grab (I highly doubt it would happen), but anything is possible. I think what we would likely see happen is some team would take Rivers even though they might not have a need for him if he's one of their top players on the board. So a team like Houston or San Diego could look to grab him. I wouldn't rule out Jacksonville either.

Of course, after running a 4.51 today and posting a 42'' vertical, I doubt he gets far. Broncos might be all over him if we don't take him at #10.

With Rivers running a 4.51 and a 42 inch vertical I think that will move him up.

That looks like a good mock to me....I like listening to Kirwan on Sirius.

Anybody also read Kirwin's article on NFL Myths...the first one was you just need a QB to manage the game...the final one was you only need average corners and a good pass rush. Kirwin made a very good case that you can't just rely on pass rush and ignore the corner position early in the draft. Worth a read.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom