New mock draft from NFLDC.... (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
New mock from NFLDraftCountdown.com ......

1. Fins- Jake Long
2. Rams- Chris Long
3- Falclowns- Glenn Dorsey
4. Raiders- Vernon Gholston
5. Chiefs- Jeff Otah
6. Jets- McFadden
7. Pats- Leodis McKelvin
8. Ravens- Matt Ryan
9- Bengals- Sedrick Ellis
*10. Saints- Keith Rivers*

We would pass on Clady (which I doubt we will) and DRC. But I don't think Clady will get pass the Chiefs...they are really interested in him.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I recognize that Scott Wright knows a hell of a lot more about football than me, but I have some questions about this one. I'm a little curious about Jake Long at 1 over Chris Long. Jerod Mayo seems a little late in the mid 2nd. Matt Forte will be much, much more than a FB. Surprised to see Laws and Porter drop so far. I guess he really doesn't see the Jonathan Stewart surgery as a problem.

And another interesting thing. If the Chiefs are really set on taking Otah, I'm sure they would be willing to trade down...maybe with us... since I can't really see anyone taking him between them and us. Something good could be happening there if the Chiefs really are leaning towards Otah.

Last edited:
What happened to Clady's stock to fall like that or Otah's to rise?
We would take Clady for sure.

Yeah, I didn't get that either...

But if this mock fell like this but with Clady at #5....

The Saints ought' to trade with Baltimore at #8 and get Ellis. Cause the Ravens could still get Ryan at #10.

I wouldn't say it was Clady's stock that fell so much as Otah just seems to be a better fit. Couple that with the fact that there aren't many teams after the Chiefs hurting for an OT and he can drop a few spots.

Yeah, I didn't get that either...

But if this mock fell like this but with Clady at #5....

The Saints ought' to trade with Baltimore at #8 and get Ellis. Cause the Ravens could still get Ryan at #10.
Yeah, this would be ideal because we are the best offer for Baltimore. Cincy will want him, but the Ravens will not want to play a monster like that twice a year. Thus the best deal is the Saints offering 10 and our 3rd. Our main contender then is going to be Denver and they'll have to offer their second to beat us.

But to be honest if I had a choice between trading up to get Ellis and straight up taking Clady I'd go with Clady.

I'd be ok with Rivers but I think Otah won't be the choice at 5. It will be Clady. Also, I doubt we get Balmer in the 2nd. He is a second round talent who may get picked higher.

Clady has not fallen as much as Kansas City's scheme does not fit Clady as well as it does Otah. Otah is more of a power-blocker than Clady, who would probably be a great fit for a team that runs a ZBS even though he has the athleticism to play in most systems. I begin to suspect something may be up with Otah and KC when it was suggested during the combine that he was a guy that Herm Edwards really liked. So I would still say Clady is probably higher on most boards than Otah. Heck, Clady might be higher on some boards than even Jake Long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom