New mock with trade down for us. (1 Viewer)

Stew

Wait.....what?
Reaction score
1st Round Pick- After trading down to # 20 with Chicago so they could draft WR Keenan Allen the Saints select:
NT Jonathan Jenkins Georgia 6'3 350
Saints get the Bears #50 pick in the 2nd round and the Bears #114 in the 4th round
Bears get the #15 pick in the 1st round the Saints #106 pick in the 4th round

2nd Round pick(from Bears)- SS Matt Elam Florida 5'11 206
Harpers replacement if he does not restructure or could also play FS if Jenkins gets moved back to CB or play the nickel.

3rd Round Pick- LT Brennan Williams North Carolina 6'7 320
Could slide in at RT if we resign Bushrod because I like Strief but he was hurt to often and got beat alot last season. If we lose Bushrod he could start. Very good feet from what I hear.
[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
4th Round Pick (swapped with Bears)-
[SIZE=+0]3-4 OLB Chase Thomas Stanford 6'4 245
Could play on 3rd down and special teams, and I think he will be starting at one of the OLB spots with Junior Gallete or a FA on the other side by next year. Buchanan comes from a 3-4 school and is very good in coverage.

5th Round Pick- CB Darius Slay Mississippi State 6'1 190
I'm not sold on Johnny Patrick and he may be cut this year unless he picks up his play for the new DC.

6th Round Pick- WR Cobi Hamilton Arkansas 6'3 190
Speed merchant with great size. Could be the next Meachem.

7th Round Pick(if we don't lose it because of Ruud)-
3-4 DE William Campbell 6'5 310
Could be a rotational DE in our new defense and play some special teams.

[/SIZE]

I'm not sure I'd be happy with Jenkins, as other people have suggested, he looks like he might turn out to be another Sullivan.

Bears' fans would run Phil Emery out of town if it goes down like that. Better get a good left tackle in Exchange for their 2nd round pick.

A team is not going to trade us a second rounder to move up 5 spots. The Bears traded for Brandon Marshall last year, and took Alshon Jeffrey with the 45th pick last year. I doubt they are in the market for a WR, especially with needs at G, T, TE, and LB.

We lost our second due to the dictator; we are not getting it back.

I doubt Matt Elam would last that long in the 2nd round, many mocks project him as a late 1st rounder.

Keenan will be gone by the time we pick. If Chicago Trades up it's because they want an OT that somehow dropped. Of course, unless we really wanted out of #15, we might want that OT as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom