New Mock (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

This site has an updated mock with us passing over Phillips and taking Rivers with the #10pick. I don't really know anything about him other than watching the Rose Bowl which he seemed to play second fiddle to the MLB with the name I won't even try to spell.

I also noticed that on here they don't have Curtis Lofton going in round 1. How would you feel if it so happens we take Rivers and then draft Lofton in the 2nd? Would you be upset if we drafted LB'er back to back. I, personally, would be thrilled cuz this is a position that has needed addressing for so long and that would really bring some youth and athleticism to the position for many years to come.

I'd take Rivers or Phillips. Both are great players. Obviously I'm a Phillips homer (hate the U but love him as a prospect), but I'm ok as long as we don't reach for someone at the 10the pick. I think Rivers is a solid pick at 10. Conner or Mike Jenkins (who this draft has going 7th) not so much.

Last edited:
he is more of a tampa 2 LB , so i dont like it very much .... better than connor , worse than phillips.

Keith Rivers would be the smartest pick in my opinion, unless his teamate Ellis is available, a Corner or Safety would be to high to pick here, and we have been avoiding the linebacker spot for years now, everytime the draft comes up we go into it knowing who to get then get caught up in who is available, we gotta stop that and build this team up, we are in a position to get one of the best defenders in the draft (picking #10) and with needs at Linebacker and Defensive Tackle, we gotta come out with one of these guys.

can rivers really play MLB though?

Not sure. But Lofton sure could and move Rivers to the Will.

Seems like I remember Rivers playing with his hand on the ground quite a bit in the Rose Bowl? Maybe he could be a nice edge rusher from the OLB position for us.

One guy I haven't heard about too much on here is : Reggie Smith. I think he could be a somewhat lesser version of Phillips. Any thoughts?

I am starting to follow the reason of picking Ellis at 10 if he is there then MLB in the second. This would be a huge help up front for the defense to build around Smith and Grant.

Its early and lots of changes are certain, but I do believe there will be some stud LB's on the board in the 2nd. When you look at the BPA/need of the teams in the first, LB are not matching up well. First rounders are typically the skilled positions or the top guys at a position with little depth.

One guy I haven't heard about too much on here is : Reggie Smith. I think he could be a somewhat lesser version of Phillips. Any thoughts?

Not at the 10th pick and he would be gone by our 2nd rounder.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I don't really know anything about him other than watching the Rose Bowl which he seemed to play second fiddle to the MLB with the name I won't even try to spell.

Rivers had an ankle injury this past season, and I believe at one point was questionable to play in the Rose Bowl. He was not near 100% for that game. Brian Cushing also battled injury this fall, which is why there wasn't as much talk of him as Maualuga and Rivers. Many Trojan fans believe Cushing to be the best LB of the three. Both he and Rey are staying for their senior year.

There are a good amount of outside linebackers in the draft that are quality and can be had later, look at erin henderson or a geno hayes, they are both 100% better than shanle, also look at the inside lineback in the secon, i really like lofton and mayo and others are intriguing. Therefore in the first we could look at the board favorite kenny philips or a trade for sedrick ellis, or a corner like Talib or Jenkins. Also i Rodgers Cromartie as a middle round CB prospect since he is tall and the opposite of all our current corners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom