New Mock!!!!! (1 Viewer)

if we trade back and miss out on all the best possible defensive players on the board. especially DRC and Rivers i'd cry, and loose what little faith i have in Payton.

if we trade back and miss out on all the best possible defensive players on the board. especially DRC and Rivers i'd cry, and loose what little faith i have in Payton.
I don't see why you would blame Payton, chances are that DRC or Rivers would still be there at 14, but it is possible that they wouldn't be.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. If there is a chaqnce we lose DRC, Rivers, McKelvin, Ellis and Dorsey.... then I pass on that trade. For some reason our 3rd rounders have not made an impact.

On second thought, if we took Mendenhall, Phillips, Balmer, Mayo or Talib then maybe I wouldn't be so upset with this.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. If there is a chance we lose DRC, Rivers, McKelvin, Ellis and Dorsey.... then I pass on that trade. For some reason our 3rd rounders have not made an impact.

On second thought, if we took Mendenhall, Phillips, Balmer, Mayo or Talib then maybe I wouldn't be so upset with this.
Alll of those players are huge reaches except for Mendenhall, but the Bengals picked him at 9. Brandon Albert is BPA in the situation in my mock, and he also fills a need, maybe not the biggest need but a need. what you do want is quanity in the draft because you never know what you are going to get, a seventh round pick could end up being better than the first pick in the draft any year, adding an extra 3rd and getting a very highly rated player is a great thing, what more could you ask for?

even though it's a little bit of an extreme example, the trade to get Ricky Williams was quality over quantity, I would much rath have all of those picks than the one pick for the potential superstar, when there are other great players just a few spots down in the draft.

i thought some of u guys were smarter than this. i know this all fiction, but get real. no way we are trading down to take a guard. please. maybe otah or clady if they are there, but cmon. i rather take kenny phillips 10 spots higher than he should be at 14. my question is: do you honestly think this will happen, or do you honestly think it should? you just wasted people's time.

i thought some of u guys were smarter than this. i know this all fiction, but get real. no way we are trading down to take a guard. please. maybe otah or clady if they are there, but cmon. i rather take kenny phillips 10 spots higher than he should be at 14. my question is: do you honestly think this will happen, or do you honestly think it should? you just wasted people's time.
No of course we wouldn't trade down for a guard, we were trading down for DRC or Rivers, but the Bills and Broncos had other plans. A guard like Albert would help our team a lot more than a Safety, it is unrealistic to reach for a player 10 spots early, when there is a great player available at a position we could use some help at, who is not a reach. And improving the Oline will make our running game much better, if we had a consistent running game all of last year we would have made the playoffs.

I don't know man, the Saints mock looks pretty solid, but there's so many questions with the top 14. Gholston to Miami? Ellis to Kansas City? Mendenhall to Cincinnati? Rivers to Denver?

Pretty bold mock, but if it works out that way then more power to ya.

Ellis to Kansas is very likely if Jake Long is gone.

I think that Gholston would fit Miami's 3-4 better than Chris Long would, but i guess that's would be for the Dolphins to decide.

Mendenhall is a popular choice among Bengals fans if Ellis and Dorsey are gone

Denver needs to improve their front seven period, and Rivers is the best option for that available, they could easily go OLine though.

Miami - Vernon Gholston OLB/DE
Rams - Chris Long DE
Atlanta - Jake Long OT
Raiders - Glenn Dorsey DT
Chiefs - Ellis DT
Jets - McFadden RB
Patriots - McKelvin CB
Ravens - Matt Ryan QB
Bengals - Mendenhall RB
* Bears trade pick 14 and 3rd round pick for pick 10*
Bears - Ryan Clady OT
The Bears are interested in Clady and would love to get him, but there is no way he would fall any farther than Carolina or even Denver, and the Saints know that either Rivers or DRC will still be there at 14 probably.
Bills - DRC CB
Denver - Rivers OLB
Carolina - Chris Willams OT
Saints - Brandon Albert OG
We probally are surprised that DRC and Rivers are both gone, but there are still other great choices out there, Something that is similar to all great running teams is that they all seem to have a great LG, and that's exactly what Brandon Albert can become for us, Reggie will be amazing with great run blocking and that's exactly what we need to see out our OLine.
PH2007101102370.jpg

Lions - Derrick Harvey DE
Arizona - Mike Jenkins CB
Vikings - Phillip Merling DE
Houston - Jonathan Stewart RB
Eagles - Kenny Phillips FS
Tampa Bay - Brian Brohm QB
Washington - Malcolm Kelly WR
Dallas - Limas Sweed WR
Steelers - Jeff Otah OT
Titans - Desean Jackson WR
Seahawks - Kentwan Balmer DT
Jacksonville - Devin Thomas WR
Chargers - Reggie Smith S/CB
Cowboys - Felix Jones RB
49ers - James Hardy WR
Packers - Aquib Talib CB
Giants - Dan Connor

Rest of Saints Draft:

2) Trevor Laws DT
If he is there at 40 it's pretty much an obvious pick. Who wouldn't want Trevor Laws on our team.
c_TrevorLaws-big.jpg

3A) Antwuan Molden CB
A big CB with a lot of potential, Payton would love to draft him he's from a small school and he is an amazing athlete.
73849.jpg

3B) Shawn Crable OLB
He may not be what you think of when you imagine a 4-3 OLB, but he could adjust, other LBs have done it in the past and have done very well. He is a great pass rusher and would give a a frightening weapon a OLB and could even improve his coverage skills enough to drop back once in a while, but why would you want to do that when you have someone like Crable to kill the opponent's QB?
Crable.jpg

5) Carlton Powell DT
another DT to add to our rotation, and maybe eventually he will win a starting job. The Saints have already shown interest in him.
powell.jpg

6) Corey Lynch FS
An amazing FS playing for Appalachian State in college, but where he really shines is on special teams, he blocks almost too many field goals, and he is great in Special Teams coverage, he would be a solid addition to our team and maybe even a starter eventually.
th300_pB3eDGD.jpg

7) Shane Longest K
The Saints will probally want to bring in competition for Gramticia, and Longest is a very interesting kicker prospect, His strong leg may excite Payton and he could be great on kickoffs and kicking field goals if Gramtica does not work out.
pr_200791_1395.JPG

sorry to give you a hard time on my other post as its clear u put a lot of effort into ur draft. while, i dont agree with a lot of it. i will be super pumped to grab crable. i would take that dude in the second.

But can Longest kick them past 50 with accuracy? LOL I like going for linemen at 1 and 2, but I think we'll see a RB somewhere in our draft and possibly a WR too.

a guard w/ the 14th pick:rant:

Uh... Don't be surprised if we take someone other than a DT, OLB, or CB with our first round pick. They are going to take the BPA unless they can trade. We may well end up with one of them in the first round, but I won't be surprised if we end up with an O-lineman or someone other than what WE want.

I'm just sayin...

Oh and BTW, Crable does NOT fit well in our defensive scheme. That's like putting Vilma in a 3-4 again...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom