New Orleans-area Cox Cable service is terrible (1 Viewer)

They still haven't fully recovered from Katrina. Service response time is pretty slow -- especially if you are requesting a new installation.

Might be moving to the Northshore soon but I've heard nothing but bad things about Charter, too.

From what I've heard Charter makes Cox look wonderful. Plus Charter just raised their rates.

Thinking about switching to BellSouth for all services over here.

I have been having the same problems with my service. I cant even get some channels. I am also disgusted that they dont carry the nfl network. I spoke to a lady yesterday as i was paying my bill and she said they lost a lot of customers for that. I thinkdirect tv has a contract for 10 yrs or something. I heard that they wanted it to be a premium channel and the nfl network didnt want you to have to pay extra for it. Not sure how accurate that is. For those with direct tv can u get local channels or not?

Cox does carry the NFL network in New Orleans, but you have to have digital cable and subscribe to the Sports Tier, which is like $10 a month more. It also gives you ESPN news and ESPN Classic. Maybe you are referring to NFL Sunday Ticket, which does have an exclusive contract with DirecTV. But I do agree, Cox is terrible in New Orleans. I would get satellite, but I need Cox for the internet as I don't have a phone line in the house.

>>Thinking about switching to BellSouth for all services over here.

BellSouth sucks too. But absolutely NOTHING is worse than Entergy New Orleans. I'm having lunch with my dad. He said he got a "demand" from them for $171. I asked him what for. He said he paid all his bills up through Katrina and that he hasn't had electricity in his name since. They sent him some unreadable ledger printout that said he owed them the money. He called and spoke with two useless customer support techs. The Supervisor told him to send in his money and that if it was an error (support techs told him they were to keep his account open) they would send him his check back. He sent them the money (to my chagrin) but also sent in a really long and nasty letter, the kind of letters you would love if you were also an attorney.

Entergy's charter should be revoked IMHO.

TPS

BellSouth sucks too. But absolutely NOTHING is worse than Entergy New Orleans. I'm having lunch with my dad. He said he got a "demand" from them for $171. I asked him what for. He said he paid all his bills up through Katrina and that he hasn't had electricity in his name since. They sent him some unreadable ledger printout that said he owed them the money. He called and spoke with two useless customer support techs. The Supervisor told him to send in his money and that if it was an error (support techs told him they were to keep his account open) they would send him his check back. He sent them the money (to my chagrin) but also sent in a really long and nasty letter, the kind of letters you would love if you were also an attorney.

TPS

:plus-un2:

No more government created monopolies. Free market electricity baby.

I know that's not what you meant.:ezbill:

Entergy has pushed me to the point of wanting to afix solar panels to the roof of our house. Between Entergy and Cox Cable, I can't figure out who is the greedier, shadier, more pathetic and dishonest business.

I can picture the CEOs lunching together and laughing at the collective gullibility of the citizens of New Orleans. "You think those 'demand letters' are bad, Dan? We don't even HAVE a customer service department anymore!"

TPS

I'll agree with that about Entergy.
After the hurricane, they were the worse.

Remember how we did not receive mail for a looong time and then it was little bits at a time?
They were the coldest and greediest, adding late fees and stuff to bills that never got here. No other company was like that. If I would have received them, I would have paid them. (I don't like being late with any kind of bills)
I got the, "You should have known to contact us when you didn't receive your bill." This, starting even after the first month post-Katrina.

I feel for you dad. The service representatives I got via phone were HORRIBILE.

I am surprised about Bell-South.

The internet service from what I see with others, seems to be a bit better than Cox.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom