New Orleans/Atlanta Playoff Scenerio? (2 Viewers)

It sucks to think that shanked FG against ATL might cost us the division, though...
We shanked ourselves by playing down to the level of trash like Arizona and Cleveland.

they are due for an unexpected loss or two...even during our magical season last year we lost to the cowturds and then bucs. tampa is capable of beating the falcons, and maybe even the seahawks at home. hell, even the panthers might shock the world in one of their two meetings

The Bucs are clearly better than most anticipated (yeah...I know, duh.) Anyway, I can see the Bucs giving the Falcons a tough game. Can they win? I don't know. It seems obvious that you have to get the Falcons down by 2 scores to have a chance late.

So are you guys telling me that in all probability no matter what we do the rest of the season, if we make the playoffs, we've got a road game in round one? That sux.

So are you guys telling me that in all probability no matter what we do the rest of the season, if we make the playoffs, we've got a road game in round one? That sux.

It's a heck of a lot better then being out of the playoffs. A lot of Saints fans waited a generation for the first appearance and another half a generation for the first win.

Looking at the Yahoo playoff generator, if we beat Atlanta and neither of us lose any other game, they have Atlanta winning the division.

It looks like we will need to run the table and have Atlanta lose at least one more game (besides the Saints). Atlanta has 2 against Carolina, @ Tampa, @Seattle and us. That doesn't look to promising for 2 losses.

Does anyone have the tie-breaker which gives them the nod if we end up even in our W/L record?

Common opponents. One of their two losses was to Philadelphia, who we don't play. Outside of our one loss to them our other two losses were to teams they also played (Cleveland and Arizona).

Which means if we won out and Atlanta won out except for one loss to us, we'd have the same division and conference record, but we'd have 1 more loss against "common opponents" then they would, giving them the tie breaker.

If they lose @Tampa Bay or @Seattle it simplifies things greatly. Even if we lost @Cincinnati or @Baltimore the 12/27 game would still be winner-take-all by virtue of either division record or conference record. We can't afford to lose to St. Louis or Tampa Bay though, nor can we even seriously entertain the idea that Atlanta will be in any risk in their two games vs Carolina.

So in other words, the 3 weeks leading up to the 12/27 game will largely decide the division.

Not really. While Atlanta certainly has to be somewhat substantially favored to win the division, even outside of our game 12/27 they have two legitimate tests left. @Tampa Bay is the biggest, best chance for us to have a shot at winning. Tampa Bay isn't great, but it's at home for them, they are at least capable of winning, and they'll be the most desperate team. After this week they're basically in a do-or-die situation next week.

And everyone is sleeping on @Seattle when they shouldn't be. If Atlanta is as well, watchout. Less chance then @Tampa but Seattle has made a habit of ambushing teams in Seattle over the years, even when they've been mediocre or downright bad.

After today it appears the Saints will be battling for the top wild card spot. I just dont see Falcons losing to anyone but the Saints and they would still have the tie breaker. Saints schedule is tougher particularly with Ravens still left on the road. We can hope that the Bucs step up next week against Falcons but I dont think they will.

The Bucs beat us last year when no one expected it. I expect them to win or lose by another dreaded field goal. Atlanta sure is lucky this year. It's got to run out soon, and I have a feeling this week is it.

The Bucs beat us last year when no one expected it. I expect them to win or lose by another dreaded field goal. Atlanta sure is lucky this year. It's got to run out soon, and I have a feeling this week is it.

I'm not one to whine about "luck" after the Dallas game.

I wouldn't mind going into Atl and ending their season during a NFCCG. Actually, that might be sweeter than beating Dallas in Jonesmahal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom