New Orleans Breakers (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I remember reading that this was possibly on the horizon. There's definitely a little nostalgia tied in with the USFL.

It was a mess though. Hopefully this will be better run than the original iteration.

wow, my step father was a team photographer for the original Breakers and I got to be on the field a couple of times. I wish he had lived to see this.

We had season tix for the Breakers’ one and only season in NOLA, and as a 10 yr old it was unbelievably exciting to have a winner in town.. at least, they had won the prior season in Boston.. they started off winning in NOLA, then collapsed over the second half of the season.. this all transpired just a few months after the infamous Mike Lansford Rams kick to keep the Saints out of their first-ever playoff birth, which i stayed salty about for at least a year.

We had season tix for the Breakers’ one and only season in NOLA, and as a 10 yr old it was unbelievably exciting to have a winner in town.. at least, they had won the prior season in Boston.. they started off winning in NOLA, then collapsed over the second half of the season.. this all transpired just a few months after the infamous Mike Lansford Rams kick to keep the Saints out of their first-ever playoff birth, which i stayed salty about for at least a year.
man I remember watching that kick on TV. I had only been in NOLA one or two years so I was a new Saints fan. We thought that was real heartbreak back then lol

man I remember watching that kick on TV. I had only been in NOLA one or two years so I was a new Saints fan. We thought that was real heartbreak back then lol

It was ! It was probably THE singular event of my childhood that taught me, more than any other event, the concept of ‘disappointment.’

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom