New Orleans Cancelled Sed. Ellis Meeting (2 Viewers)

fwaokda

On NFL Radio today (4:48pm) they interviewed Sedrick Ellis and he said his scheduled workout with the Saints and Jets were canceled. The hosts were shocked, and asked why Saints canceled. Ellis followed by saying that New Orleans said they saw everything they needed to see from his Pro Day. He is still scheduled to meet with the Bengals.

Hmmm, weird. I know we took him for dinner at the USC pro day.
Did they say why we cancelled and when we will reschedule if at all?
Or is this a major smokescreen and we're having a secret meeting.:scratch:

Well, you're only allotted 30 visits with draft eligible players. It's quite simple that they really have seen enough and don't need to waste the visit on someone they know inside and out.

likely we already know how far we are willing to move up and get him (if at all)

so throw a bit of a smokescreen in there and hope he lasts until 10 (or 8)

but its possible they did see all they needed to at the proday, so a combo of truth and smokescreen...

If we've already seen him workout twice, met with him, had a coach who has actually coached him on the staff, why would we meet with him again?

I go with da Coach O factor, but they might have had some probs flying him in to NO also, with all the airlines cancellations lately.

This seems like th Saints are not trying to drool over Ellis. They re showing a lack of interest or that they are giving up on him so that they don't have to get into a bidding war with the Bengals.

The Saints know more about Ellis then anyone else.

Just throwing it out there...

If I remember correctly Ellis gained weight for the combine and did not preform as well as expected. He then dropped back to under 300 for his pro day and did significantly better.

It could be that the Saints are looking for a bigger DT and got turned off when he did not look as good with less bulk.

Just a thought.

yeah.... we need a small school :wos_sport10: @10
:Singe1301:

Since they decided to trade up and get Dorsey, they figured they could cancel with Ellis!

I would concur with the sentiment of this thread. They know everything they need to know about Ellis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom