New Orleans Carnival season. Family/group port-o-lets have to be 2 blocks or more off parade route. (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
City officials, get this, are concerned a port-o-let could be used to hide a BOMB! But yet, let’s forget about the THOUSANDS of ice chests, where numerous bombs could be hidden and set off remotely all at the same time! The personal port-o-lets have to be like 2 blocks off the route.

Let’s think about it. Who is ever going to think about any ice chest sitting around, harboring a bomb, during Carnival season, on a parade route? Surely not city leaders. But let us be consumed, by the potential of port-o-lets being used to hide a bomb(s)!

But what about the public port-o-lets? Those will be watched by security, provided by the city?

I thought I heard it all. Guess not!

Last edited:
I usually just pee in between parked cars.
I have never known a female to have done so. But I guess it DEPENDS on the person. I guess if you had to take a dump, there are DEPENDS! But maybe taking a dump between cars, would not matter either, to out of towners/visitors. Have seen that as normal behavior from same in many for instances. Particularly during carnival season and in the French Quarter, most notably! Good luck to you! ?

I have never known a female to have done so. But I guess it DEPENDS on the person. I guess if you had to take a dump, there are DEPENDS! But maybe taking a dump between cars, would not matter either, to out of towners/visitors. Have seen that as normal behavior from same in many for instances. Particularly during carnival season and in the French Quarter, most notably! Good luck to you! ?

I've seen a female pee between parked cars more than once. It's been a while though. I was like 13 at the time, lol.

My guess is those rigs tend to restrict traffic flow close to important arteries on the route but they couldn’t find a good rule to apply so they made up the bomb thing
With the exception of shepherding every parade save one onto the same route, I tend to defer to the police as they try to manage carnival nayhem

My guess is those rigs tend to restrict traffic flow close to important arteries on the route but they couldn’t find a good rule to apply so they made up the bomb thing
With the exception of shepherding every parade save one onto the same route, I tend to defer to the police as they try to manage carnival nayhem
Regarding the port-o-lets being a problematic issue, for traffic flow, is a trivial point. They are typically in the back of a pickup truck, short flatbed utility trailer, or other type of mobile transport and are in legal unobstructed locations and are not an impediment to traffic flow. The only ones I have personally ever seen and have used with friends, family and business associates and that were reserved for our groups/families, were on private, or commercial property, with a permit. I have NEVER seen them in a static public location, that caused a problem for police. As a matter of fact, ours were open to the policing authorities, as opposed to the police, having to use the public ones! I guess it is the crowd you run with. ?

If you are concerned about this, don't be. There's about as much chance of them enforcing this as there is of them enforcing any of the existing rules for ladders or cordoning off sections of the neutral ground.

If you are concerned about this, don't be. There's about as much chance of them enforcing this as there is of them enforcing any of the existing rules for ladders or cordoning off sections of the neutral ground.
True, but I find just so silly, to even make a statement as such. It is like; “urinating and etc. in public Is against the law and we are going to enforce this during the Carnival season”. Just shut up and concentrate on the epidemic of car break-ins, as a start!

What a field day these punks are going to enjoy for some 10 days! All sorts of unsuspecting people going into the city and parking their cars, and being prime targets for smashed car windows! I may need to just open up a portable shop for about a month and make a fortune.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom