New Orleans current status...... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I’m losing my mind here at home in Atlanta, haven’t been able to travel in a while due to Covid.

Cancelled both a trip to Colorado and one to Washington DC....

I’m dying to take a trip, thinking of flying to NOLA in August.

How’s downtown looking currently?

Restaurants open?
French quarter open?
Streetcars?
St. Charles/Magazine shops/restaurants?
Museums (city park, WW2)?

Thanks in advance,
Outback

Reportedly we backslid on our Covid outbreak bc visitors from other states came here to blow off some steam

That’s all I’m going to say about that

I get it.
And I’ve been very responsible locally.
But I get it.

That being said, are things opening normally?

Reportedly we backslid on our Covid outbreak bc visitors from other states came here to blow off some steam

That’s all I’m going to say about that

Well there is definitely some truth to that. However, Orleans parish numbers are actually decent. Not great, but decent. If other places in our state would do a better job, our state wouldn’t look like this.

I’m losing my mind here at home in Atlanta, haven’t been able to travel in a while due to Covid.

Cancelled both a trip to Colorado and one to Washington DC....

I’m dying to take a trip, thinking of flying to NOLA in August.

How’s downtown looking currently?

Restaurants open?
French quarter open?
Streetcars?
St. Charles/Magazine shops/restaurants?
Museums (city park, WW2)?

Thanks in advance,
Outback

I dont get somehting.. Help me to understand.

Why would you want to fly? Atlanta to New Orleans is an easy drive.. To me, an airplane seems like the easiest place to catch Covid... And if you want to go to NOLA to get away and out of the house for a while (which i totally get)- there are lots of things to do outdoors and that dont require being super-close to people, or even that lots of places be open.. Just off the top of my head, could go walking or running in Audubon Park.. stroll the Quarter, Jackson Square, etc.. Hang out at the Lakefront, or on The Fly by the river... of course, it’d be nice if some restaurants were open for takeout, and I’m guessing some are- but this is a pandemic, and you dont have to be wildly creative to have a nice, low-key time in New Orleans.. if you’re wanting to rage in the clubs on Frenchman St or something , now is probably not the time.

As for myself, ive been ‘planning‘ trips every month for the last 4 months or so.. i like the planning aspect, even though i keep having to cancel.. later this month alone, i have hotel reservations for Hilton Head Island, SC.. Navarre Beach, FL and Siesta Key, FL... The plan is to drive to whichever place has the current (at that time) lowest spike in Covid cases, check into the hotel room (each of which is on the beach, or a short walk to the beach) , then spend each day hanging out on the beach with my dog, bringing some food from Costco with me but also getting takeout occasionally.. Also gonna do my own disinfecting of the room, even though the hotels are ramping up their own cleaning... Hopefully I’ll be able to do one of the three in August, if not I’ll try again in September.

As for myself, ive been ‘planning‘ trips every month for the last 4 months or so.. i like the planning aspect, even though i keep having to cancel.. later this month alone, i have hotel reservations for Hilton Head Island, SC.. Navarre Beach, FL and Siesta Key, FL... The plan is to drive to whichever place has the current (at that time) lowest spike in Covid cases, check into the hotel room (each of which is on the beach, or a short walk to the beach) , then spend each day hanging out on the beach with my dog, bringing some food from Costco with me but also getting takeout occasionally.. Also gonna do my own disinfecting of the room, even though the hotels are ramping up their own cleaning... Hopefully I’ll be able to do one of the three in August, if not I’ll try again in September.
lol. my planning is "oh, i am out of milk. crap cheerios almost out too." go to overpriced grocery downtown, buy what i need, and yogurt.

I'll say it....just stay home. This just isn't the time for trips. Hopefully a miracle happens and 3-6 months from now travel will be an option. It just shouldn't be right now.

lol. my planning is "oh, i am out of milk. crap cheerios almost out too." go to overpriced grocery downtown, buy what i need, and yogurt.

Lol.. yeah, maybe i shoulda been a travel agent or something, i actually like making reservations and stuff.. maybe it’s just because it gives me hope of getting to do something fun eventually.. i dont really plan my food shopping , usually hit up the grocery store and Trader Joe’s once a week, then Costco a couple times a month .

Why’d you cancel these trips?
Colorado was to watch the Braves weekend series with friends.
Washington DC just doesn’t seem safe.

I do drive to NOLA often from Atlanta, but this trio is a leave Friday/return Sunday....so need the quicker option for the short weekend.

I actually do so many outside things in NOLA as was mentioned, just literally walking up St Charles or the Riverfront gives me the vibe that I’m missing.

But.....any trip to NOLA centers around restaurants. If they aren’t open, that would definitely prevent me from going for a while.

Come on down. Just make sure you don't have any of that Falcons stank on you. It's hard to get off, even with GoJo. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom