New Orleans current status...... (1 Viewer)

I wouldn’t travel, I suspect many hotel travelers are spreading it.

I dont get somehting.. Help me to understand.

Why would you want to fly? Atlanta to New Orleans is an easy drive.. To me, an airplane seems like the easiest place to catch Covid... And if you want to go to NOLA to get away and out of the house for a while (which i totally get)- there are lots of things to do outdoors and that dont require being super-close to people, or even that lots of places be open.. Just off the top of my head, could go walking or running in Audubon Park.. stroll the Quarter, Jackson Square, etc.. Hang out at the Lakefront, or on The Fly by the river... of course, it’d be nice if some restaurants were open for takeout, and I’m guessing some are- but this is a pandemic, and you dont have to be wildly creative to have a nice, low-key time in New Orleans.. if you’re wanting to rage in the clubs on Frenchman St or something , now is probably not the time.

My parents have flown multiple times since early June. They keep saying that everyone has masks and the airlines are doing all of this extra cleaning.

They haven’t gotten it yet and the truth is that when masks are universally worn, transmission gets close to zero, so maybe it’s actually fairly safe if the airline is strict about the mask rule. Certainly seems safer than eating indoors at a restaurant- at least if the flights are fairly short.

But everytime I see a photo from a flight these days, there’s always somebody with their mask down around their neck, or below their nose, or Ted Cruz.

My parents have flown multiple times since early June. They keep saying that everyone has masks and the airlines are doing all of this extra cleaning.

They haven’t gotten it yet and the truth is that when masks are universally worn, transmission gets close to zero, so maybe it’s actually fairly safe if the airline is strict about the mask rule. Certainly seems safer than eating indoors at a restaurant- at least if the flights are fairly short.

But everytime I see a photo from a flight these days, there’s always somebody with their mask down around their neck, or below their nose, or Ted Cruz.
I like Ted sometimes. Lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom