New Orleans Interstate Shooting (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Reminds me of being down range in the middle east. Always being on alert with an M4 carbine.

the current crime wave in New Orleans feels like the late 80s or early 90s. Just totally unchecked violence, day and night. I have mutual friends with 2 women who have been carjacked in the last 72 hours.

I also wonder if there is either a serial killer on the interstate or some sort of gang initiation rites playing out. The number of shootings on I-10 in the city over the last 2 years is insane.

the current crime wave in New Orleans feels like the late 80s or early 90s. Just totally unchecked violence, day and night. I have mutual friends with 2 women who have been carjacked in the last 72 hours.

I also wonder if there is either a serial killer on the interstate or some sort of gang initiation rites playing out. The number of shootings on I-10 in the city over the last 2 years is insane.

It's really getting out of hand and I think partly due to the criminals knowing NOPD response is just bad from understaffiing/overworked officers. The justice system isn't prosecuting . The nopd points to the DA, then DA points back saying insufficient evidence from NOPD.

All this playing out publicly so the criminals know chances of getting caught are near zero and if by chance they are, prosecution is near zero.

2 clients in 2 days had vans stolen. More to come I'm sure. We had our company van stolen Sunday. It's crazy.

And my oldest loves Breads on Oak. Would go on weekends for lunch etc with friends. We nixed til further notice. Ad much as it pains me to do, we simply don't want to take the chance.

So very sad. And I have no clue where to begin

You know the violence is bad when the headline updates the traffic.

Nola has nothing on Jackson when it comes to murders.
2021 murders 218-155

Nola has 2.5 times the population.

A guy where I used to work was gunned down at the bottom of the Tchoup exit about a year ago. It seemed random and last I heard was a suspected gang initiation. Haven't heard if it's ever been solved.

Everyone should be appropriately saddened by this news
But I’m not sure anyone should be surprised- at least since prohibition, it seems every major crime spike was cultivated (seldom is it the explicit intent)
This is not a New Orleans issue, it’s a national one
Before Covid there was an evaporation of living wage jobs, housing crisis, strangling of state budgets limiting both domestic resources and municipal response
Then Covid hit and kids were forced home with nothing to do and no resources
There was no way to avoid a spike in crime in that scenario

That being said, I bet the danger of Covid is still more prevalent than the danger of crime (though that gap is probably narrowing rapidly)

It's going to get alot worse before it gets better. Criminals have free reign right now.

Its not a serial Killer, it's either targeted hits, road rage, or initiation. The interstate is a perfect place for a shooting because you can be at least a mile away from the scene < 1m and the road isn't patrolled nor are there any cameras.

That's why whenever I go into NOLA my pistol is loaded & on my seat...It's not a game anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom