New Orleans Rock 'N' Roll Marathon (1 Viewer)

sonicVA

Who Dat DC
Reaction score
Just booked my flight and lodging to come on down to N.O. for the Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon on Feb 24th. So excited to make my first trip into the city since 2003. Any of my fellow Who Dats plan on running any of the events?

PS..Staying at the Hyatt so hoping my room has a view of the Dome! :9:

I plan on driving all the way around the route since I work on weekends and the city plans every marathon north of my home. HAVE FUN!

Well, flying out of DC today. Hope the weather forecast clears up a bit for Sunday's race. Can't wait to touch down at MSY! :grin:

47462d1296053160-what-i-know-eating-popcorn.jpg

Looks like I'll have to my car and bike around the corner since I won't be able to park in front of my house without being ticketed because my street is part of the route.

Oh, and I can't wait to be shocked awake at 7am on Sunday morning by the band that will be on the corner.

I'll be driving down Sat morning. Ran the 1/2 a couple of years ago and doing the full this time. Along with Son, Daughter, and Son-in-Law. Wife and Daughter-in-Law will join as our cheering section.

Just booked my flight and lodging to come on down to N.O. for the Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon on Feb 24th. So excited to make my first trip into the city since 2003. Any of my fellow Who Dats plan on running any of the events?

PS..Staying at the Hyatt so hoping my room has a view of the Dome! :9:

Is this S.R.?

They said it was flat. They said the course was flat.

Last year I ran the half. It was flat.

Going out of City Park though, you go under the train trestle on Canal Blvd, over the levee at the end of Marconi, over the Lakeshore Drive overpass, back over the levee at UNO, then up the levee for the turnaround so you can do it all over again.

That's not flat. Liars.

Fun race though. Glad I did the full.

Glad I could get some of my fellow Who Dats to talk about running. That being said, loved the race, and glad the weather held that morning. It was also great to have all the cheering and support, especially down St. Charles and back.

Anyways, my love for the Crescent City is strong and hope to return again soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom