New Orleans Runs on Daiquiris (1 Viewer)

Yes, I am aware, thanks. My point was that no one actually leaves the paper on the straw while they drive home.

You don't have to leave it on till you get home only till you park.
:9:

As a 7 year old visiting Pensacola I realized how strange it was that they didn't have liquor in grocery stores. Moving to Pensacola at 14 I realized how weird it was they didn't sell beer at High School football games or school/church fairs.

To this day I cannot fathom how there are areas that don't sell liquor on Sundays or before/after certain times of day.

Drive thru daiquiris with the paper on the straw on the way home from work should be an American's natural right.

When I was in Key West for spring break in 1987 you could get beer at the drive thru for all fast food restaurants. "I'll have a roast beef sammich and a Budweiser please" then roll on up the road. No one gave you a second look, including the police.

When I was in Key West for spring break in 1987 you could get beer at the drive thru for all fast food restaurants. "I'll have a roast beef sammich and a Budweiser please" then roll on up the road. No one gave you a second look, including the police.

You used to be able to do that at the Super Popeyes on Vets as well. They would even open the bottle for you.

Yuck. People should not drink Everclear ever. Just get 4 shots of real liquor.

Since Texas forbids the sale of Everclear, this is pretty much what I have to do. But I do Smokey and the Bandit Everclear from SELA sometimes.

My worst experience with Everclear was in Texas (don't use it to make Jello shots - you get sterno).

https://www.quora.com/In-what-states-is-the-purchase-of-Everclear-illegal

Interesting article. Everclear was sold at a liquor store I frequent(Total Wine and Spirits), but then they stopped. I asked a salesperson where it was and was told they are no longer allowed to sell it. IIRC, he told me some new law about alcohol content. Maybe it was a municipal law and not state. They used to sell the Fat Tuesday(New Orleans Original Daiquiri) 190 Octane mix to go along with it. But they don't sell the 190 Octane mix anymore either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom