New Orleans Saints – Defensive Ranks Through Week Three (1 Viewer)

haha yeah that is the best win YET. I am ready to see your D play a good offense though. I dont think the Jets offense is great, but their running game is pretty good. That will be a good test to the Run D

Da Jua Voo!

Here we go again, with the "this will be a good test" comments again, just like those who said the same thing about Philly & then last week about the Bills, same ol' sam ol' Always with the "test".

Look, I have no doubt that the Jets will be the best team we've faced yet, but every week it's the same stuff, "this will be the test" go talk to Philly & Bills fans and see how we passed their test.

FWIW, scoring defense is not defensive TD's.

It's simply how many points we've given up as a team, including ST's.

The higher your scoring defense, the lower the amount of points you are giving up.

Da Jua Voo!

Here we go again, with the "this will be a good test" comments again, just like those who said the same thing about Philly & then last week about the Bills, same ol' sam ol' Always with the "test".

Look, I have no doubt that the Jets will be the best team we've faced yet, but every week it's the same stuff, "this will be the test" go talk to Philly & Bills fans and see how we passed their test.
Well i guess it depends on what kind of "test" you are talking about.

The Eagles game as a whole wasn't a test. Every analyst had yall winning the game without McNabb, but playing against a good D like the Eagles was a test. And you passed

Its hard for me to make a fair assessment of the Bills. I can't tell if they are good or not, but your defense held their RB to less than 100 yds so i'd say your run D passed that test.

The Jets game will test your Run D and your Offense and Pass Protection. I don't think the Jets are a great passing offense so if yall held them around 150-200 yards wouldnt suprise me, but if yall hold their Running Game to a good number then that would be an accomplishment.

Oh and Detroit was no test in any format :)

Are you comparing the Saints D to the Jets?

You were talking about offenses, everyone was talking about offenses for this entire thread, what (other than wanting to be argumentative) makes you think he suddenly decided to start talking about D?

Here's a summary - you've claimed that the Jets offense is somehow a tougher test than the Bills or Eagles O, despite the fact that the Jets offense has a rather mediocre ranking. That mediocre ranking includes a game against the rather bad Texans D, so it can't really be said that the Jets offense has been held down by playing against tough D. Does that help?

The Jets running game is nothing special.

They are 2nd in the league in attempts but only average 3.8 a carry. They are 10th in the league in yards per game, again mainly because they run the ball so much.

I'm not sure they are much of a test as a running offense. The Giants...that will be a test.

Here's another little interesting piece:

Lions when we faced them: Undefeated...sure they were 0-0, but they hadn't lost yet :D
Eagles when we faced them: Undefeated....took care of that one too :9:
Bills when we faced them: .500....and now they get to try and crawl out of a hole
Jets when we face them: Undefeated......I'm confident the trend will continue

I find it funny how everyone says we haven't faced anyone worthy, but the outcome is always the same...the opposing team leaves with a big "L" in their column and we notch another "W" in ours. Why is it that prior to each game, the media and trollers say this is our biggest test and then after the game, those same people say we haven't faced anyone.

Maybe it's because AFTER the game, those teams suddenly fall to the ranks of everyone else in the league of carrying the dubious honor of adding a loss to their record.

Yeah we've played some not so good receivers so far. There's nothing I've seen promising about this defense yet. :zzz:

Are you stupid or dumb, we have played some of the best WR, and most of those yards came in the Eagles game while we were in our prevent with a 20 point lead........

The rankings of the Jets Defense will plummet after Sunday. NJ'ers will be asking whether the Jets can win a big one. Mark it down, the Saints D will be ranked higher than the Jets D on Monday morning and the press will still say we haven't played anyone and we've had most of our success against young or rookie QBs and mostly average WRs.

I remember in offseason we were all saying if we even have a top 15 (let alone top 10 or better) defense, it definitely means playoffs.

Well so far so good :plus-un2:

I think after this game we'll be 8th.

The NFL.com says the saints D gave up 18.7 points/game.......that is incorrect!

The Saints defense gave up 33 points in 3 games....or, 11points/game! That's a fact!

Since when is a M Bell fumble the Ds fault???......how about the kickoff return for a TD??.....OR the fake FG against the Bills???

they adding the 23 points the ST, & the O gave up to the 33 points the D gave up....

That's grossly unfair!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Stats

The only stats that will matter at the end of year will be how many records "The Saints" broke on the way to the Superbowl!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom