New Orleans Saints – Defensive Ranks Through Week Three (1 Viewer)

I think the D has improved, but i wouldnt get too high on it. You played a rookie QB and a first time starting QB. That does make a big difference.

You have said this repeatedly Kent, so is this going to be the same thing you say after the Jets game? Giants game? Is this going to be your only point about our D until we lose?

You can make point out whatever info you want to make excuses as to why our Defense is not proving anything, but eventually you are going to have to eat the crow, so please let us know how you like it served.
It really is okay to admit that an aspect of someone elses team is good, we wont tell the other dirty bird fans.

haha yeah that is the best win YET. I am ready to see your D play a good offense though. I dont think the Jets offense is great, but their running game is pretty good. That will be a good test to the Run D

highly doubt it. we haven't given up a run longer than 16 yards all season. and that long of sixteen was out of the wildcat. :hihi:

we're 5th in run defense and sanchez is going to get 8-9 in the box on sunday. we're gonna dare the kid to beat us with the pass. this might be the game where we allow the fewest rushing yards because the jets have the worse group of recievers that we have faced yet.

I remember in offseason we were all saying if we even have a top 15 (let alone top 10 or better) defense, it definitely means playoffs.

Well so far so good :plus-un2:

Definitely. A top 15 defense, not to mention one that can force a lot of turnovers, will equal a deep playoff run.

haha yeah that is the best win YET. I am ready to see your D play a good offense though. I dont think the Jets offense is great, but their running game is pretty good. That will be a good test to the Run D

What's funny is of the 3 teams we've played the Jets have the 3rd best offense. Philly is ranked 7th, the Jets are ranked 20th, yet you think this is the biggest test for our defense.

Your post smacks of a rival fan reaching to dismiss something because of a bias.

The Eagles and Buffalo have stronger offenses than the Jets, and these rankings were done after we completely shut down the Bills, which shows how much higher they were ranked before last week. You're fooling yourself if you think the Jets are a bigger test for our defense than some of our earlier opponents.

Oh, and Buffalo has a better run game and the Eagles are ranked directly behind the Jets.

You have said this repeatedly Kent, so is this going to be the same thing you say after the Jets game? Giants game? Is this going to be your only point about our D until we lose?

You can make point out whatever info you want to make excuses as to why our Defense is not proving anything, but eventually you are going to have to eat the crow, so please let us know how you like it served.
It really is okay to admit that an aspect of someone elses team is good, we wont tell the other dirty bird fans.
Thats where your wrong voted. I am not a Saints hater. Listen i am trying to help YALL out. I have already said the defense is improved, but don't get TOO excited. I am just bringing up a good point. I mean can you really disagree with me?

Thats where your wrong voted. I am not a Saints hater. Listen i am trying to help YALL out. I have already said the defense is improved, but don't get TOO excited. I am just bringing up a good point. I mean can you really disagree with me?

Look above.

No, I get it, and you have made some good points throughout the visit, but I get the feeling that while you are giving credit to the D, you are forgetting that the D was our main, and overly exposed weakness in recent years, so the fact that we now have one that is performing at all is huge for all of us. Can we be a little too excited at times, yes, but that is how most fans of any team are.
Don't forget, as Saints fans, we are used to and expect failure at some point. When you look at the strides in improvement our D has made already, and the fact that our O is, well our O, we are all excited, and rightly so....

What's funny is of the 3 teams we've played the Jets have the 3rd best offense. Philly is ranked 7th, the Jets are ranked 20th, yet you think this is the biggest test for our defense.

Your post smacks of a rival fan reaching to dismiss something because of a bias.

The Eagles and Buffalo have stronger offenses than the Jets, and these rankings were done after we completely shut down the Bills, which shows how much higher they were ranked before last week. You're fooling yourself if you think the Jets are a bigger test for our defense than some of our earlier opponents.

Oh, and Buffalo has a better run game and the Eagles are ranked directly behind the Jets.
I'll play devils advocate :)
Ok the Eagles offense did good against yall. Are those rankings based on yards?

I'll play devils advocate :)
Ok the Eagles offense did good against yall. Are those rankings based on yards?

Yes. The Jets played an aweful Texans defense too. What stat would you like me to use?

Typically the story has been about Drew Brees and the electric Saints offense and of course the lack of a defense.
So far in 2009 that’s not been the case.

he completely re-vamped defense has quickly become one of the top ranking units in football and after three games this season they rank a respectable tenth in the league in total defense and fourteenth in points allowed.

• 11th in total sacks with six
  • 13th in scoring defense (defensive touchdowns)
  • 16th in total tackles
  • 1st in interceptions
article here:http://whodatdish.com/2009/09/29/new-orleans-saints-defensive-ranks-through-week-three/

Well since it seems no one else has posted the following (forgive me if I missed someone here):

• 10th in total defense (yards allowed)
  • 3rd in 3rd conversion percentage allowed (opponents made 12 for 44)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

A top ten defense so far.

No, I get it, and you have made some good points throughout the visit, but I get the feeling that while you are giving credit to the D, you are forgetting that the D was our main, and overly exposed weakness in recent years, so the fact that we now have one that is performing at all is huge for all of us. Can we be a little too excited at times, yes, but that is how most fans of any team are.
Don't forget, as Saints fans, we are used to and expect failure at some point. When you look at the strides in improvement our D has made already, and the fact that our O is, well our O, we are all excited, and rightly so....
Oh no i have followed the Saints for a while. I have never been a big fan, but they are the team thats always on TV in MS so i have watched a ton of their games. I know that the D has always been the problem since Brees got there.
I havent ever said the D is terrible like some people on here are saying about ATL, but i just don't think they are as good as the stats are saying.

Who else loves that we've already got 7 picks this year? Thats about half of our 2008 total in just 3 games. We had 15 in 2008 (which actually put us in a tie for 11th most last year). Can't wait to see us against another rookie QB this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom