New Orleans Saints 2011 Linebacking Corps Candidates Analyzed (1 Viewer)

Who writes these isportsweb pieces? They are some of the worst written articles I have ever read. I don't disagree with anything in the article, but it was so poorly written as to be almost unintelligible at points.

the very next post...

I wrote them.

Please tell me which points were "so poorly written as to be almost unintelligible" so that I can try to do better for you next time.

:spit:

I agree with who you have making the team at the LB spots....Shanle gots to go also i dont care if the lockout prevents the youngins from learning the playbook Wilson will be ready not too far in the future even if the lockout goes on longer (but LB is easiest position to transition from college)....go out and sign Durant or some other veteran....ANYBODY but Shanle

Wilson is still raw. That's why he fell to the 3rd round. He's never played SLB where his read is the TE. I think asking him to come in and start right away is asking too much from him on a shortened offseason.
JD, we agree on a lot, but I have to take the other side on this one.

Normally, I might agree that Tez would have a shaky transition because he has never played SAM before. The determining factor for his initial success will be Jon Vilma IMO. Playing next to Vilma almost completely eliminates the need to understand the complex schemes of the playbook in its entirety. As a result, JV will line him up in the right spot, and Tez will just do his thing.

JD, we agree on a lot, but I have to take the other side on this one.

Normally, I might agree that Tez would have a shaky transition because he has never played SAM before. The determining factor for his initial success will be Jon Vilma IMO. Playing next to Vilma almost completely eliminates the need to understand the complex schemes of the playbook in its entirety. As a result, JV will line him up in the right spot, and Tez will just do his thing.

He defenitely has that working in his favor. When he was at Illinois at MIKE he would always hesitate as he was trying to digest the information in front of him. But his coach made the point that when he stopped trying to analyze and just react that his play picked up. SAM isn't as intellectually demanding as MIKE so that would definitely help his transition. Watching film and getting coaching tips from Vilma and Clark also had to help.

There are some factors that are working in his favor and there are also some that are working against him. GW has shown that he doesn't mind putting less talented players on the field as long as they are disciplined and won't make a mistake. He's all about earning your spot and I think it might take more than 4 preseason games for Wilson to earn a starting spot. He'll definitely see defensive snaps but my guess it's week 6 when he is a full time starter, which at SLB is only 2 downs.

It's more than Vilma lining him up in the right spot, it's very complicated once a play develops and all kinds of variables happen as the play progresses. Being physically fast does not make you a good linebacker.

diesel is right in a shorter training period and never playing the same tez could struggle, the other poster is also correct that he could do fine because from what i've seen and read tez is just doing phenominal at the SAM spot, the one thing he has working for him is elite size and speed to recover, and he has the next superstar free safety playing behind him :D but liek i said i would more than welcome lawson or durant with a 2 year deal

What good is speed when you are raw and have slow read/recognition skills? You read/fill the wrong gap and Turner churns out 20 yard gains, just ask Dunbar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom