New Orleans Saints balance (1 Viewer)

j0nnyGG

Reaction score
The passing game has been a little more condensed without the presence of our 2 top runningbacks and Brees has thrown a lot of interceptions.

Do you think our 26th ranked rush offense is going to gain it's ground once Bush and Thomas are back? Will our passing game become more efficient once we get our backs back?

I think you've already seen our rushing attack pick up steam.

The "running game" of PT and Bush is composed of their ground results AND their short yardage receptions. Their loss has been much more significant than people realize. Essentially we run through a short yardage passing game as well as the conventional ground game.

I think without Pierre and Reggie the offense has to run much more intermediate and hot read routes, instead of our basic HB Screens and Counters that were so effective with them in the lineup.

That was always the element of our running game that didn't show up in the stats, the dump-off passes to Pierre and Reggie

I think it's hard to tell what's going to happen with our run game. PT isn't playing, Reggie is doubtful and I believe Betts is out. That leaves us with Ivory and Jones. I'm ok with that except for the event of injury. Ivory has been getting dinged every week, and Julius I don't think can take the full load of a primary RB.

Coach Payton said that holding Reggie, Jenkins, and Sharper out last week didn't have anything to do with trying to have some healthy and rested players to rotate into this game with Dallas but you know it did.

I think Reggie plays even though they say he's doubtful and a game time decision. Don't know about Jenkins though. Young's been playing much better and we still have Preliou (sp) so not too much to worry about there and then we get the rookie CB Robertson back so the back end will be ok and I think we go after Kitna without mercy. If Reggie can play, it would be awsome to loup him out behind Ware and kill them with that all day long until they stop sending him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again We are a passing team
You could put Adrian Peterson in the backfield with little improvement
We will see what importance the Front office puts on the RB's when it comes time to pay them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom