New Orleans Saints chat with Mike Triplett (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – Nola.Com

Michael:
Since the saints added Vaccaro with the 15th overall pick, will they think about moving Harper to outside Linebacker?

Mike Triplett, NOLA.com:I don't expect the Saints to move Harper to OLB, especially not in a 3-4 where the OLBs practically line up as DEs on passing downs. ... Harper is a great blitzer, but he's great as an extra blitzer creeping up to the line from the safety position. There's no need to try to make him a linebacker on every down, where he would suddenly have to learn new jobs like tracking running backs and shedding o-linemen on run plays, etc.

I actually thought he would be a great fit in that nickel LB role, where they used him last year, but I know the Saints didn't feel like the experiment worked out that well.

I do understand the concept, though. They should continue to USE him more like a linebacker from the safety position, rather than assigning him to play deep pass coverage in their nickel and dime packages. And I'm sure they will make it a huge emphasis to use him the right way this year. And adding both Vaccaro and a new physical CB in Keenan Lewis will give them a lot more options to be versatile in nickel packages.

By Mike Triplett / Times Picayune

Full Story – Nola.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom