New Orleans Saints could target explosive outside linebacker, NFL Network's Mike Mayock says (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – Nola.Com

One by one, NFL draft experts say the same thing when asked about the pressing need for the New Orleans Saints entering April's draft. And NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock followed suit Monday saying the Saints will focus on defense with the 15th overall pick.

He specifically pointed to outside linebacker as the Saints make the move to a 3-4 defensive scheme under new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

"I think a 3-4 outside linebacker, an edge guy makes a ton of sense for them," Mayock said. "And a guy like (Oregon's) Dion Jordan could be there. Your guy, (LSU's Barkevious) Mingo, could be there. Jamie Collins in the second round. I think they need a 3-4 explosive outside linebacker, and there is no doubt about that. They've got to get some pressure on the quarterback. ... There are a lot of needs at 15 for them, and I think the five technique they can get in the second or third round as they can with the nose."

By Larry Holder/ Times-Picayune

Full Story – Nola.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom