New Orleans Saints defensive changes caught players by surprise (1 Viewer)

I would agree if not for how respected SP is in the facility.

They know who the boss is. He just axed a DC after one year. Not many teams do that. Heck, in Vitts' testimony, they are admittedly "slow to fire". ( see Gary Gibbs et al )

So I think it really is nothing more than a "term of endearment" as opposed to lack of respect for the title.

Baltimore axed their OC in the middle of a playoff run. It happens all the time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

No offense to Jordan and MJ but I would have wished they included some quotes from more than just 2 players.

Think it was just ease. Jenkins was at Media day with Sproles (who would have no comment on the defensive change) and Cam Jordan was on NFLN this morning.

Just like in the military we spend more time together than family and informal 1st names are great, but in a professional setting they have enough respect and understanding to address the title. Maybe I am being stupid, but to me its lack of dicipline and respect.

Bro, I didn't call people by titles in the military because of a great feeling of respect or admiration...sometimes, perhaps. I did it because it was required, and the worst abusers of having a title or "power" would be the ones to get your *** in trouble if you didn't.

This may sound stupid, but I dont like players referring to coaches, especially the Head Coach by first name. In a professional setting they should keep it formal at all times. Just like in the military we spend more time together than family and informal 1st names are great, but in a professional setting they have enough respect and understanding to address the title. Maybe I am being stupid, but to me its lack of dicipline and respect.

I get what you're saying. We have similar day jobs, I think. I'm pretty sure that all ends after college. They're all officially men and they treat each other as such. Hell, the players (good ones) make twice what the coach makes. Any players showing actual disrespect (La-z-boys and such) get the boot from good locker rooms quick.

Coach is a position. Not a rank.

Bro, I didn't call people by titles in the military because of a great feeling of respect or admiration...sometimes, perhaps. I did it because it was required, and the worst abusers of having a title or "power" would be the ones to get your *** in trouble if you didn't.

I am saying this because Sean is respected in the organization. I am looking at from the stance of you have two friends, but in a formal setting your friend always knows the deal that he, in the company of others outside the organization will refer to you by Rank. It has nothing to do with the "power" or anything like that and that was not what I was trying to convey.

Well said. I use those things with people I don't know well and I use them with my immediate superiors when unfamiliar people are around. They show me the respect to not require it at the end of every sentence. The junior guys fall all over themselves trying to add that to each response. Then they end up doing pushups amounting in base pay differences because four people were asking questions at the same time. Imagine yourself saying "Yes, Head Coach". Stupid, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom