New Orleans Saints Draft Prospect: CB Trevon Diggs (1 Viewer)

He’s in my top 8 picks. I’ve moved Zach Baun ahead of him and the other corners besides C.J. Henderson. Justin Jefferson is ahead of him as well. I have him about even with AJ Terrell & Kristian Fulton for the 3rd CB in this draft.

I may be in the minority, but I’m not high on Diggs
He got away with a lot of contact at Alabama. He’s going to draw a lot of flags in the NFL if he doesn’t get that fixed

He got away with a lot of contact at Alabama. He’s going to draw a lot of flags in the NFL if he doesn’t get that fixed
He’s a helluva athlete, but after what Chase did to him in the LSU game, made me have reservations about him. Chase was the closest thing to an NFL caliber WR he faced last year. Just my $.02

I really like Diggs, but I think you want him to shadow a larger receiver. I think if asked to cover some of the real burners in the NFL, he’ll have the same issues someone like Eli Apple has had.

It’s weird, because I would grade and did grade (my top 50 post) Trevon Diggs higher than Jeff Gladney, but Gladney is the more inspiring guy opposite Lattimore. Neither are as inspiring as CJ Henderson, who would be a home run if he’s there at 24.

In terms of where I would rank the class of CBs specifically for the Saints within the top 5, and what I would envision of their usage:

1. Jeff Okudah - No chance he falls, but if he were a Saint it wouldn’t take long for him to be the guy that shadows the opposing #1. No disrespect to Latt, but Okudah has more size to go along with the island capabilities. Lattimore would excel as a boundary guy covering the Z, primarily a vertical role. This would be the best CB duo in the NFL.

2. CJ Henderson - He wouldn’t overtake Lattimore as the top shadow corner, but he has a perfect skill set to match with deep burners on the outside. Basically, I see this guy as Janoris Jenkins when he was at his best. He ran run with anyone and keep the top sealed.

3. AJ Terrell - I comped him to Stephon Gilmore yesterday, so I think it’s only fair I give him his dues again. He has the skill set that you’d be happier with him against bigger receivers that he can stay glued to in coverage, but he can stall faster and shiftier receivers at the LOS better than Diggs, so I think I’d be a little more comfortable with him.

4. Kyle Dugger - Most have him as a safety so I’ll state my case for him moving to cornerback. I think he’s Byron Jones. Pure athlete that has football instincts. Played all over the place for a college that needed him to be Mr Everything. He can run with anyone and compete with anyone for the ball. He has the upside to shadow 1s, and the athleticism to handle speed.

5. Jeff Gladney - Gladney might be the prototype Z shadow. He can mirror the 0 to 100 acceleration that you see out of downfield burners. He recovers well, turns and runs stride for stride and makes good plays on the ball. I would like him as a rotational guy that takes over for Janoris Jenkins at some point.

I feel like guys like Diggs, Kristian Fulton & Jaylon Johnson are really good prospects but they are kind of an odd fit for the Saints in that their Achilles heel will be the same that the Saints haven’t been able to fix in a long time, which is the home run play down field.

For comps:

Okudah is prime Xavier Rhodes.
Henderson is prime Janoris Jenkins.
Terrell is Stephon Gilmore before growing pains.
Dugger is Byron Jones pre-NFL seasoning.
Gladney is Jaire Alexander when he came out.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom