New Orleans Saints had swagger even before wins started piling up (1 Viewer)

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/new_orleans_saints_had_swagger.html

"I think we've gained a lot of experience from these last two years in falling short of our ultimate goal of reaching the playoffs and winning a championship, " Saints quarterback Drew Brees said

"I think there's a high expectation that this team has for itself, and yet one in which I think they realize they have to work each week to get better, " Payton said. "We've got a lot of good teams still coming. I think we'll be ready for the challenge when it comes. So far I like how we've handled the good teams that we've played."

As I mentioned in numerous other threads, the fact this team hasnt made the playoffs the last few years and has ultimately underachieved, is the reason I feel our players wont be "eating the cheese". This team is hungry to be champions.

Every team says at the beginning of the season that the SB is the ultimate goal, this team knows that and has the confidence and leaders to keep everyone grounded and working hard to achieve that goal.

As long as Drew & Vilma are the hardest working guys on the team, everyone else will follow. And I have a feeling Sharper wont let lack of work or effort by teammates come between him and a SB ring. Thats all he needs to validate his HOF career, if his career isnt already validated.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/new_orleans_saints_had_swagger.html

As I mentioned in numerous other threads, the fact this team hasnt made the playoffs the last few years and has ultimately underachieved, is the reason I feel our players wont be "eating the cheese". This team is hungry to be champions.

Every team says at the beginning of the season that the SB is the ultimate goal, this team knows that and has the confidence and leaders to keep everyone grounded and working hard to achieve that goal.

As long as Drew & Vilma are the hardest working guys on the team, everyone else will follow. And I have a feeling Sharper wont let lack of work or effort by teammates come between him and a SB ring. Thats all he needs to validate his HOF career, if his career isnt already validated.

You called the D winning the game against the Jets. Props, man...

You called the D winning the game against the Jets. Props, man...

Not to toot my own horn, toot, toot, LOL, but I also predicted the final score of 31-10. I thought I had it when Gay intercepted that pass. I really thought he was taking it to the house. When he started looking around, I figured he was going to lay it down.

Not to toot my own horn, toot, toot, LOL, but I also predicted the final score of 31-10. I thought I had it when Gay intercepted that pass. I really thought he was taking it to the house. When he started looking around, I figured he was going to lay it down.

Man, I soooo wanted Gay to score that defensive TD. Even afterward, I wanted us to pound in another rushing TD but alas, we had to settle for the 14 point victory.

I mean, 31-10 Saints just sorta rolls off of the tongue. Doesn't it?

How sweet is that, when you can actually "complain" (for lack of a better term) about the type of victory?

I remember all of the people who said "preseason means NOTHING". Well, here we are, 4-0. And while the 3-1 preseason record didn't carry over, I think we can all agree that the dominant way they played meant something.

I remember all of the people who said "preseason means NOTHING". Well, here we are, 4-0. And while the 3-1 preseason record didn't carry over, I think we can all agree that the dominant way they played meant something.

I agree 100%. Confidence is not something that can be turned on and off like a switch.

Yeah, and aside from Cincinnati I think we reuined the confidence for the Texans and Raiders in the pre-season.

Everyone brings up the Colts and how their record in the preseason is never that good.

Well.that's the type of team that doesn't need a confidence boost going into the season.

This team did need one and they got one. We can aspire to get to the point where preseason wins mean less but for now I'll take that extra shot of "swagger", please.

preseason still means nothing. It's"practice", with Iverson ringing in my ears.

exactly,from the frist day of TC all the talk was how this defense was flying around at TC.then the pre-season games when the Saints #1's was kicking the oppents #1 butt in these pre-season games..so i agree the pre-season does matter:9: the only problem is the most of outside Media didnt see what we already knew.so the saints wont go under the radar the rest of this year.I dont even have that worry of a let down with this team,in IMO the saints are one of the best all around team in the NFL right now,an outsiders cant deny it anymore..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom