New Orleans Saints have high hopes for 'redshirt rookies' Nick Toon, Andrew Tiller and Marcel Jones (1 Viewer)

It would be nice if Jones could step into the LT spot, but as they said, RT seems to be his fit. I dont think Strief has that spot on lock as much as others think. He is FA next year and has missed fairly significant time both years he's started.

Man we just got to get this LT situation settled.

It would be nice if Jones could step into the LT spot, but as they said, RT seems to be his fit. I dont think Strief has that spot on lock as much as others think. He is FA next year and has missed fairly significant time both years he's started.

Man we just got to get this LT situation settled.

Yea I don't see him doing as well on the left side as the right. I think Jones is our future RT, but I also thought Brown would step into the LT position a long time ago.

We need Toon to become a regular contributor this season. I just hope Jones can make a strong push for Strief's spot. We need to upgrade at both tackle positions.

I just need to see more Toon. I only remember 1 preseason game last season and I think that was the last game.

Hopefully he is 100% and wins that 4th spot.

The Saints have got to get production from these young guys to remain a contender. It just seems like that a lot of their young, promising prospects stay hurt lately.

How big is Toon, really? I see him listed anywhere from 6'2 to 6'4.

Either way, it'll be nice to finally have another big, strong reciever in the fold.

The Saints have got to get production from these young guys to remain a contender. It just seems like that a lot of their young, promising prospects stay hurt lately.

You are absolutely right! In the past 2 or 3 drafts we have used risky picks to try to capitalize on injury riddled players in the hopes that we can nab a steal. My mantra with injury prone players is, once bitten, twice shy. It hasn't paid dividends for us. Starting with Greg Romeus, Nick Toon and Marcel Jones all had extensive injury histories when we drafted them. None of them has played a meaningful down of football in the NFL and they account for 3 of our last 11 draft picks.

How big is Toon, really? I see him listed anywhere from 6'2 to 6'4.

Either way, it'll be nice to finally have another big, strong reciever in the fold.

Nick Toon is 6' 2", his father, Al Toon formerly of the New York Jets, is 6' 4". The two's physical stats are often confused.

Just out of curiousity...which NFL players have managed to put together decent careers after starting their first season on IR? I know Victor Cruz did. But I honestly don't know of anyone else. Should be something that is looked into.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom