New Orleans Saints: Improving the Defensive Line in 2011 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The New Orleans Saints, under the leadership and vision of Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis, selected a total of six rookies in this year’s draft, with 5 of those 6 being defensive players. Let’s take a look now at the Saints’ current roster in the area of the defensive line, where they not only had some consistency issues last season in terms of having trouble stopping the run and getting after the quarterback, but they also happened to have drafted two new players to compete there and hopefully address those very issues.

This Saints team appeared to me to have only been half-staffed with starter quality players on the defensive line in 2010. Sedrick Ellis was the starter at DT and Will Smith has been the perennial starter at right DE for the past several years now. The rest of the roster last year along the defensive line (Remi Ayodele, Alex Brown, Anthony Hargrove, Jimmy Wilkerson, Jeff Charleston and Junior Galette) were all good rotational and back-up players, but none really stood out as a true starter or an every down player at all.

Read the full article here:

http://isportsweb.com/2011/06/01/orleans-saints-improving-defensive-line/

Good article. We really do need to get beyond this lockout. Everything posted nowadays is theory as we have no data from training camp/OTA's to hone opinions on players.

Dying here. Thanks for posting.

I have concerns about the D-line for the 1st four weeks with Will Smith being out at one position and a rookie starting at the other. Alex Brown wasn't the answer last year and I hope there is a quality FA pick up or GW may have to blitz more than he want to. Let's hope for the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom