New Orleans Saints Owner Gayle Benson focused on delivering team that wins, makes community proud (1 Viewer)

• Admin
86457-29ede686a8c9b96d8750f33babeec61e.gif

NewOrleansSaints.com

Q. As you enter your first season as owner of the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, what are your plans for the season, are there any specific changes you plan to make to how the teams operate?

A. My biggest goal as owner is to honor the legacy of my husband. He set such a great course for the franchises and made sure I would be prepared to take over, though I hoped it would not happen for many more years. He was so clear in how we wanted the teams to be run. First and foremost, is making sure we always do the right thing for the fans. That means fielding a team of players, coaches and staff who represent our fans and city in the best possible way. We both have always believed so strongly in the good our team can do for the community and the responsibility we have to make the community proud of us. In fact, we just put a quote from my husband up on one of the walls in our offices that says, “The best thing we can do for New Orleans is to win. Our city holds its head higher, walks taller and shines brighter when the Saints win.” I think that sums it up perfectly.

Q. Are there any specific ways you plan on honoring Mr. Benson this season?

A. Yes, we will honor my husband in a number of ways throughout the season. I was so touched by the reaction of our fans when he passed away - particularly by the thousands who came to his visitation, attended his funeral or participated in the second line. I know he was smiling at the celebration of his life and we will continue to do that throughout our NFL and NBA seasons. This will include “TB” jersey patches, helmet stickers and other remembrances. He will continue to be a part of our gameday experience.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom