New Orleans Saints place Sheldon Rankins on injured reserve (1 Viewer)

Seems like this could be construed as a vote of confidence for Onyemata's progression, could it not?

Saints placed DT Sheldon Rankins (fibula) on injured reserve.

The 12th overall pick in April's draft, Rankins fractured his fibula in mid-August. The I.R. designation means Rankins is out until at least Week 9, at which point he could be activated if declared the Saints' I.R./recall player. New Orleans' defense is going to get torched on a weekly basis once again.

I love the potential of Rankins and he should make our defense better. I just can't get over how people think our defense is doomed because a ROOKIE isn't in the line up. It's not like were are missing a proven game changing player week in and week out. I really hope this defense comes out this year and shoves down everyone throat by making a big jump this year.

I think people see 6-8 weeks and think that's it. It was a broken leg. People are asking this kid to play at the highest levels of athleticism two months removed from that. He needs conditioning and training after healing before getting back on he field.

Would you be comfortable running around at high speeds into brick walls within a year of breaking your leg?

He'll be able to avoid hitting the rookie wall late in the season and that might be useful if the Saints are still in the mix and have an improving young team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom