New Orleans Saints place Sheldon Rankins on injured reserve (1 Viewer)

4T L4ST

All-Pro
Reaction score
not that bad. he'll be the IR guy who comes back. bit weird though that his 4-6 week injury will now at least keep him out til at least week 9 of the season. that puts him at about 12 week recovery.

better to be safe than sorry. fairely and davison have been playing well. onyemata hasn't been bad either.

That should give him time to heal and then get his strength back. How he plays this season

Saints placed DT Sheldon Rankins (fibula) on injured reserve.

The 12th overall pick in April's draft, Rankins fractured his fibula in mid-August. The I.R. designation means Rankins is out until at least Week 9, at which point he could be activated if declared the Saints' I.R./recall player. New Orleans' defense is going to get torched on a weekly basis once again.

That's disappointing because that elimimijates any chance of getting Swann or Wilson back from IR, cause we'll definitely bring Rankins back. I thought we could afford to keep him inactive for the first 4 weeks and we'd get him back after the bye, so I wonder why they didn't go that route.

So do we get to add someone else to our 53 because of this move?

Willing to bet Khiry re-injuring his leg made them think.

A broken fibulae is typically a 6-8 week injury. I thought that PUP was very doable. I'm disappointed. This is a big blow.

Never trust SP when it comes to injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom