New Orleans Saints rookie running back Abram Smith relishes physical style (1 Viewer)

• Admin

1653025489940.png

New Orleans Saints players attended Day 2 of Rookie Minicamp afternoon workouts with a practice at the Ochsner Sports Performance Center on May 14, 2022.

"I feel more comfortable when I'm running somebody over"

By John DeShazier | Senior Writer - New Orleans Saints

Abram Smith admits he has the skills to evade defensive players. He ran for a school single-season record 1,621 yards, with 12 touchdowns, on 257 carries last season as a senior at Baylor, and probably a decent amount of those yards resulted from some level of elusiveness.

But the New Orleans Saints' 5-foot-11, 211-pound undrafted rookie running back would much rather run through faces than around shoulders.

"I was definitely a more punishing runner," he said. "You can kind of see, a lot of times – you can easily avoid contact, but my mom always told me to be the hammer and not the nail.

"I just love imposing my will. Dropping a shoulder on a (defensive back) or a linebacker, it really didn't matter to me. I can make people miss, but I feel more comfortable when I'm running somebody over." ...

Full Story - New Orleans Saints

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom