New Orleans Saints running back Latavius Murray eager for playoffs after missing regular-season finale (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1610080969297.png

'It was frustrating because I wanted to play'

John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

The worst part, Latavius Murray said, was feeling fine, being healthy, and not being able to suit up and play with his New Orleans Saints teammates in the regular-season finale against Carolina.

When running back Alvin Kamara tested positive for Covid-19, the contact tracing aspect of protocol kicked in. And since Murray and the rest of the Saints' running backs room – running backs coach Joel Thomas, fullback Michael Burton, running back Dwayne Washington and Murray – had been in close contact with Kamara, all were ruled out against Carolina.

Murray went from a likelihood of receiving the lion's share of the carries against the Panthers on Friday, to declared out a day later.

"It was frustrating because I wanted to play, and I'm thinking that I probably may have the opportunity to get a lot of opportunities," said Murray, the Saints' second-leading rusher (656 yards and four touchdowns on 146 carries) during the regular season. "And then that just changed kind of fast.

"So it was very frustrating not to be out there, not to be playing with my teammates and to sit at home. But tried to make the most of it – get some rest and ready to go now." ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom