New Orleans Saints' Thomas Morstead proves worth in multitude of ways (1 Viewer)

I'd LOVE to see him attempt it,too esp in a meaningless situation. only question i have is does a drop kick FG attempt count as a "live ball" like on kickoffs, a dead ball like in punts, or what? i know regular FGs have crazy rules. Leon Lett knows about those i guess:) reason i ask is IF its a LIVE ball, all the better.

I'd LOVE to see him attempt it,too esp in a meaningless situation. only question i have is does a drop kick FG attempt count as a "live ball" like on kickoffs, a dead ball like in punts, or what? i know regular FGs have crazy rules. Leon Lett knows about those i guess:) reason i ask is IF its a LIVE ball, all the better.

So I wonder if there's any chance that we'll see a last second, game winning drop kick attempt to try and win the Superbowl this year.

:hihi:

Morstead just said on the FOX 8 show "Saints Game Plan" that he dropkicked a 65-yard FG during training camp... so, this seems to be something that he could actually pull off! ... which would be amazing! :D

Was watching him perform drop kicks in Atlanta and he was consistant around 50yds but very shy around 60yds. Might have been just fooling around though....

I've been playing rugby all my life and can drop kick, and I would love to see Morstead make one but I just don't see it happening. I'llbe curious to see one because I've never seen a football drop kick but it would be very very risky IMO. First, a football is not made to have a good bounce for a drop kick so there is the risk that you get a bad bounce and fumble. Also, it takes more time and more steps to drop kick compare to a punt which would either increase a lot the chances of having it blocked and/or would force him to drop further....I just don't see the benefit

I've been playing rugby all my life and can drop kick, and I would love to see Morstead make one but I just don't see it happening. I'llbe curious to see one because I've never seen a football drop kick but it would be very very risky IMO. First, a football is not made to have a good bounce for a drop kick so there is the risk that you get a bad bounce and fumble. Also, it takes more time and more steps to drop kick compare to a punt which would either increase a lot the chances of having it blocked and/or would force him to drop further....I just don't see the benefit

Last person I've seen do it was Doug Futie for NE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Jsz-fSNd4
(sorry don't know how to embed in)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom