New Orleans Saints waive quarterback Chase Daniel (1 Viewer)

DJA101

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
to make room for kicker Garrett Hartley

The New Orleans Saints waived rookie quarterback Chase Daniel on Monday to make room for kicker Garret Hartley, who returned from a four-game suspension. Team spokesman Greg Bensel confirmed the roster move.
hartley-field-goal-jube-64c19d25243d09cf_small.jpg
Scott Threlkeld / The Times-PicayuneNew Orleans Saints kicker Garrett Hartley has rejoined the team.Chances are, the Saints will try to re-sign Daniel to their practice squad if he clears through waivers

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/new_orleans_saints_waive_quart.html

Chase Daniel get cuts

Bummer hope he clears waivers so we can sign him to the practice squad.

He should clear waivers. Another team would have to add him to the active roster otherwise.

And this settles the question as to who will get cut to make room for Hartley.

I don't see a team giving up a roster spot for an undrafted free agent in the sixth week of the season. Teams need those roster spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who do yall feel better with at kicker?

Who do yall feel better with at kicker?
unless carney is going to kick till he's 50....it's time to work on the future here.

i do like Hartley. But you don't cut Carney till hartley shows you that you should.

Chase should make the PS.....fingers crossed.

I think I like this. I'm tired of being afraid of the kicking game.

Isn't Garcia still lurking out there. If a teems is in need of a quarerback to activate, I'm pretty sure Garcia gets the call

Another team would have to add him to the active roster otherwise.

I'm not sure if that is correct. I know a team cannot take someone off another teams' practice squad unless he is placed on the active roster, but I don't know if that is true for claiming someone off waivers.

To be honest, I just don't know.

word is the skins were pretty bummed that we were able to snag him.... that's my only worry. really hope we can get him back for the practice squad.

With the way Campbell has been playing, ya never know, the Skins might just try to snag him.

The saints gave him two game checks and probably won't carry two kickers all year. Seems like a pretty good situation for him. Washington is in chaos. May not have coach / cordinator for long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom